Q. I have right-sided head, neck, and shoulder pain. Please suggest treatment.

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on May 16, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 28, 2020

I am a 27-year-old female. I have pain on the right side of the head, neck, and shoulder. Please suggest.

Dr. Zubayeralam

General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from right-sided head, neck, and shoulder pain. Most head, neck, and shoulder pain is resulted from sprains and strains by incorrect posture or mechanical injury due to daily works. It may result from soft tissue injury (including muscle, tendons, ligaments, etc).

Again nerve injury of these area can produce head, neck, and shoulder pain. Displacement of cervical disc can produce same type of symptoms known as herniated or prolapsed disc. Rotator cuff tendons hold your arm with shoulder and rotator cuff tear which is caused by sports or overuse can produce head, neck, and shoulder pain.

Inflammation of tendons (tendonitis) or bursa (bursitis) of these areas also can produce the same type of clinical symptoms. Again heart attack, angina, stroke, cervical artery dissection, etc., can present the same type of clinical symptoms.

Treatment depends on causes. So you should undergo some investigations like an x-ray of cervical spine, CT scan or MRI of cervical spine, RBS (random blood sugar), CBC (complete blood sugar), USG (ultrasound) of the hepatobiliary system with blood pressure monitoring, etc., to find out the underlying the causes which are responsible for your suffering and then treat them accordingly.

For your head, neck, and shoulder pain you can take Naproxen plus and Esomeprazole combination (twice daily) with Baclofen (twice daily) with calcium plus vitamin D combination (once daily).

Please inform me of the results after undergoing the investigations and then I will be able to help you further.

|