Q. I have severe neck and shoulder pain with numbness and tingling. Please help.

Dr. Atul Prakash

I have severe pain in the neck and shoulders often accompanied by numbness and tingling. I also have frequent migraines and some times dizziness as well with occasional fainting which is exacerbated by loud sounds and harsh lighting.

I used to be a professional bass player (20 years) but no longer performing live for the past two years due to worsening conditions. I am currently taking OTC painkillers and homeopathy medicine for migraines.

#

It would have been better if you had included the MRI and X-ray films or at least the report as I believe it is your cervical spondylosis that may be the cause of your current symptoms.

I will recommend you to do neck strengthening exercises, shoulder elevation exercise, and take Pregabalin tablets for nerve pain along with Duloxetine and take antiinflammatory tablets for a couple of weeks to see the response.

As your are getting twitching and this may be viral in nature or may be myoclonus. I will not to ignore that and perhaps see a neurologist at the next opportunity.

|