Q. Is it possible to cure neck pain due to degeneration of cervical spine?

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Published on Feb 28, 2019

I am facing acute neck pain since last three months and have been diagnosed with moderate degeneration in the cervical spine. Hands get pins and needles feeling sometimes during sleep. Legs get pins and needles feeling if not moved for say more than 10 minutes. Earlier arms were also paining but that has subsided now. I am male, 45 years. I also take 50 mg Thyronorm for hypothyroidism.

#

You may have cervical osteoarthritis. It is due to cervical spine degeneration. It is due to the wear and tear of cartilage and bones, which are present in the cervical spine. It causes chronic, severe pain and stiffness. Actually, it is age-related problem. Causes for this are bone spurs, dehydrated spinal discs, herniated discs, injury, ligament stiffness, etc. You need homeopathic medicines with physiotherapy.

Cervical X-ray AP and lateral.

Cervical osteoarthritis.

Bryonia 30 daily 10 pills for 15 days, Calcaria flour 6X daily two tabs three times, Nyctanthus Q daily 10 drops with cup water two times daily.

Heat pad apply or cold pack, use neck brace or soft collar.

Do I have osteoarthritis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. My BMI is normal. I am fairly active on my feet all day because of work and I used to walk instead of transport. I was a lot more active when I was younger. I used to dance for roughly 20 hours a week and swim five hours a week. Since I have got older and due to...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does seem like osteoarthritis, but I would suggest ruling out rheumatological diseases as well and check vitamin D and repeat it. For your shoulder I would like to know how much is your range of motion.  Read Full

I have pain in my knee. Is it because of osteoarthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in the right knee for two months. While using a staircase, it used to pain initially whenever I starting walking or running. The pain is exactly on the front side of the knee and just below the left side of the kneecap. I started jogging a year back and continued for six m...  Read Full >>

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your X-rays are normal for age (attachment removed to protect patient identity). What you describe is patellofemoral compression syndrome and weight gain, wrong exercises, jogging on an incline, poor shoe wear, open chain exercise like squats, knee rolls have a role ...  Read Full

Why is there neck pain on turning to side?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my neck whenever I turn it to the left, occurring in the back left-hand side of my neck, and this has been happening for the last six months. I am currently on no medication. I am a female, age 15, 5'5".  Read Full >>

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. I feel that there could be some facet irritation that can lead to this restriction and pain on your left side of the neck. Do not worry. I suggest you to kindly use a neck pillow or support your neck properly while sleeping. At least make su...  Read Full

Ask a Homeopathic Physician Now