Q. What can be done for neck pain due to prolonged sitting?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I have to sit nine hours per day at work. Due to long time sitting, there is a pain in my neck. What should I do to get rid of this pain?

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health
#

A very common issue with people working on the desk. Long hours at a stretch spent in poor posture and bad ergonomic position leads to the symptoms you describe. I will recommend reading about the correct office or desk posture and making changes to your laptop screen height, chair height and distance from the screen, etc., online. Isometric neck exercises to strengthen the neck muscles and a stint of physiotherapy will help in the long run. Also, to note that at a stretch do not spend time on the desk for more than 25 to 30 minutes. Finally, posture applies to the use of smartphones, watching TV, reading books in bed, etc.

| 

I have a tingling sensation in my muscle. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few months, I am experiencing some tingling kind of sensation in muscles on a specific area below the left breast near the rib. I would like to know what it is and the cause for it. I am having that sensation mostly in the evening.  Read Full »

What is the best posture to avoid pain in legs?

Query: Hi doctor, I use the computer and sit 10 hours daily in the office chair since last five years. I feel pain in inner thighs sometimes. Since last few days, I have felt severe pain in both inner thighs and have taken one Voveran and Paracetamol tablet. It feels good after taking medicine or applying ...  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now