Q. What can be done for neck pain due to prolonged sitting?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I have to sit nine hours per day at work. Due to long time sitting, there is a pain in my neck. What should I do to get rid of this pain?

#

A very common issue with people working on the desk. Long hours at a stretch spent in poor posture and bad ergonomic position leads to the symptoms you describe. I will recommend reading about the correct office or desk posture and making changes to your laptop screen height, chair height and distance from the screen, etc., online. Isometric neck exercises to strengthen the neck muscles and a stint of physiotherapy will help in the long run. Also, to note that at a stretch do not spend time on the desk for more than 25 to 30 minutes. Finally, posture applies to the use of smartphones, watching TV, reading books in bed, etc.

|