Neem Oil

My baby is 3.5 months old. Is it safe to give urai marundhu?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 3.5 months old. In my house, they are saying to give urai marundhu is it safe to give? As my daughter is licking her fingers, my mom wants to keep castor oil or neem oil, is it safe to keep it on her finger?  Read Full »

Dr. Eagambaram Jaganathan

Siddha Medicine Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Urai mathirai or marunthu is safe but advisable only after six months. In case of emergency, you can give within six months. Kids will not lick their fingers as they tend to suck only. Either the kid needs milk, or it may feel insecure in the prolonged absence of mot...  Read Full »

What is the ayurveda treatment for psoriasis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have joint eczema for the past seven to eight years in both knee, the lower portion of leg and back of hand joints. My doctor says that it is psoriasis. Please clarify.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Psoriasis is a non-infectious and inflammatory disease of the skin. Sometimes, the reason is unknown. As you have psoriasis from the past 7 to 8 years, it has come to the chronic state. So, I recommend you to go for panchakarma therapy. Panchaka...  Read Full »

Can I use these ayurvedic medicines for eczema?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 45 years old, and I am suffering from severe eczema on both legs. I am using Manjishtadi Kashayam, Kaishore Guggulu, and Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. Are these medicines fine? Or else, suggest some other medicines. How long can I take these medicines? I have attached pictures of my...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and saw your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Eczema can be due to allergy or due to some irritant. It can be cured, but it takes some time. All these medicines are very good for eczema, but your problem is very sever...  Read Full »