Negative Symptoms In Schizophrenia

Do I have delusion disorder or paranoid schizophrenia?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to know whether my disease is delusion disorder or paranoid schizophrenia. I have been taking Risperidone 2 mg for 16 years, Escitalopram 10 mg for 7 years and for hypertension Met XL 25 mg for 5 years. My cholesterol levels are normal. I am a pure vegetarian. I do not smoke....  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasan Vazhoor Ramsingh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your mental state, but at the same time I do appreciate you for being on regular medicines. However, even though your question is very direct, I am sorry to say that I cannot give you a straight forward answer or diagnosis. First and most impor...  Read Full »

How is the efficacy of Vraylar for negative symptoms of schizophrenia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old. I have no allergies to medications. I am schizophrenic. I take Abilify 20 mg and Solotik 200 mg. But, I suffer from negative symptoms (amotivation, alogia, etc.). I heard about a new drug Vraylar¬†(Cariprazine). I would like to know from a specialist about the effic...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tablet Vraylar (Cariprazine) is a new drug which was approved for use last year. It was found to be effective in negative symptoms of schizophrenia. However, only a few studies are available for its comparison with Abilify (Aripiprazole). These studies indicate that i...  Read Full »

Can tactile hallucination occur due to alcohol abstinence?

Query: Hi doctor, I have¬†schizophrenia for more than 25 years. I had Clozapine for 15 years and now I am on Aripiprazole. I stayed away from alcohol for eight years. Before six months, I had alcohol once. Now, I am having some tactile hallucination. Is it due to alcohol abstinence? Will it disappear?  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are abstinent for the last eight years, then tactile hallucinations are not due to alcohol intoxication or alcohol withdrawal. It means, it is due to your illness schizophrenia. Are you on any antipsychotic now? Revert back with the answer to the above q...  Read Full »

How to convince my brother for his schizophrenia treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother is under medication for schizophrenia since eight years. He is well responded to medicines. But, since two months he has not been taking tablets at night (Arpizol 10 mg). The reason is that unknowingly he is masturbating in sleep. He was in spiritual path where the act is consi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. Presence of aggressive behavior, not taking medicines and feeling that people are laughing at him along with the history of wandering tendency clearly indicates that he is slowly developing symptom...  Read Full »