Q. How is the efficacy of Vraylar for negative symptoms of schizophrenia?

I am a 34 year old. I have no allergies to medications. I am schizophrenic. I take Abilify 20 mg and Solotik 200 mg. But, I suffer from negative symptoms (amotivation, alogia, etc.). I heard about a new drug Vraylar (Cariprazine). I would like to know from a specialist about the efficacy of Vraylar for negative symptoms, especially amotivation and alogia.

Dr.Ramchandra Lamba
MD ( PSYCHIATRY) ., MBBS
Psychiatry, Psychologist/ Counsellor, Sexology

• Tablet Vraylar (Cariprazine) is a new drug which was approved for use last year. It was found to be effective in negative symptoms of schizophrenia.
  • However, only a few studies are available for its comparison with Abilify (Aripiprazole). These studies indicate that it is more effective in negative symptoms compare to Abilify.

Thanks and regards.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

* expert medical advice guaranteed.

Ask a Psychiatrist »
* expert medical advice guaranteed.