Q. I get mixed thoughts of anger, self-hurting, and sadness. Am I unstable?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

I feel rather extremely angry than at the same time, very sad. I always have this very gory thoughts that I wanted to kidnap and torture the person I hate and again, at the same time, I want to hurt myself because I am so incompetent and I always feel like all the people think the same way to me, that I am incompetent and that if I die, everyone will be happy. I also started gripping things strongly and I always try to stop when I notice. Am I really unstable? Does this mean I cannot do my work properly?

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Paediatrics Psychiatry
#

How long have you been experiencing these symptoms like extreme anger, sadness, and other difficult emotions? Has there been anything ongoing stressors in your life that affects you negatively? From the information you have provided, it appears that you are stressed, experiencing depressive thoughts, and need support to cope with the emotional difficulties.

Speak to a trusted family member/friend about your difficulties so that they can understand and support you. Do not keep things to yourself as it will add to your stress.

Having fantasy thoughts of wanting to hurt the person you hate and self-harming thoughts can happen if you are overwhelmed by your situation and not having positive coping strategies. You need to consult a psychiatrist near your place for a comprehensive assessment to clarify the nature and severity of symptoms based on which counseling or therapy can be provided. With the right treatment, you will feel more in control of yourself and will be able to function normally.

| 

What can be done to overcome depression?

Query: Hello doctor, I got married last year and I noticed that my wife feels down for a day or two every few weeks, most of the times she has a reason but she overreacts, and recently we had some financial problems and she faced some troubles at work that she considered might effect her career and it has...  Read Full »

Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stiffness of neck and pain which continues to the back further. This often happens when a stressful situation arises, which also raises my BP. Worries related to health and other life concerns keep bothering me. Please suggest.  Read Full »

I am not able to sleep after my parents death. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having sleep issues. I do not get sleep till 3 AM to 4 AM even if I am just lying on the bed. My parents passed away. I am single and I live alone. Those memories and thoughts are affecting me recently for the past 1 year a lot. Sometimes after sleep, I wake up thinking most of the ...  Read Full »