Nephrolithiasis

How to manage kidney stones?

Query: Hi doctor, My latest report shows nearly 9 mm of kidney stones. The doctors suggested me to do the lithotripsy. So need some consultation related to this. I need to know is there any side effect, and is that possible to avoid this procedure? Impression, 1. Bilateral nephrolithiasis with large obs...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Left 9 mm proximal ureteric stone and three stones most massive at 7 mm in the left kidney. The stone density was 145 HU on the CT (computed tomography) report. The lithotripsy is the first option, and least invasive option of managing this 9 mm ureteric stone expecting...  Read Full »

How do nephrolithiasis and soft tissue calcification vary?

Query: Hi doctor, The findings of my 12 year old daughter's x-ray showed a cluster of 3 mm density overlying the right kidney, which may represent soft tissue calcification versus nephrolithiasis. I would like to get a clear understanding of the difference between soft tissue calcification and nephrolithi...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nephrolithiasis means kidney stones¬†and soft tissue calcification means any part of renal parenchyma gets high deposits of calcium and show up in x-ray. I want to know the reason for x-ray done. Is she having pain in the flank or burning sensation in urine or fever or vo...  Read Full »

Having pain in abdomen due to stones in kidney and ureter. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. I am having severe pain in abdomen and I was diagnosed with stones in the right kidney and ureter. The USG report shows right nephrolithiasis, right lower ureteric calculus with mild to moderate with hydroureteronephrosis. I am currently under Tamsukem Plus fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As it has been prescribed in the USG, the kidney stone that has moved within the urinary pathways have caused the pain you experienced. Alkaston B6 (Magnesium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Pyridoxine) will help dissolve the stones. Increase water intake. Take uva-ursi, c...  Read Full »

My report says there is blood in urine, but my doctor says I am fine. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I had undergone chest X-ray, ECG, creatinine, fasting glucose, postprandial blood sugar, urea, uric acid, lipid profile, liver function test, thyroid stimulating hormone, TSH, urine complete analysis, complete blood count with ESR and ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis. All the re...  Read Full »

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your reports, it seems to be a urinary tract infection secondary to a kidney stone. Some kidney stones are not visible on the ultrasound. So, I suggest you do a CT scan of the abdomen and repeat urinalysis. If the same report persists, then we can thi...  Read Full »