Q. I have back pain that radiates to my right leg, hip, knee, and foot. Please suggest some exercise.

Dr. Mohammed Wajid
Hello Doctor, I have a back pain that earlier moves to my right leg through hip, knee and upto downside of foot. For last one year it has been started in left leg also. Though left side pain doesn't move to foot but at hip it pinches like a needle while driving specialy. Now during lock down due to excess use of mobile and sitting etc pain and stiffness has been started in my neck that moves from left back side of neck to head sometimes. Though I have started some Yogasans with help of Utube but have no relief rather it is increasing I think. Earlier I had taken physiotherapy for 1 month but all in vain. Kindly help me and suggest me some exercise or Yogasans, if possible online.

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapy
#

Hi. i got your point and understand how you feel when it pains.

as per MRI reports you mentioned, its a LBA (low back ache) which radiated to leg and now shifting to left lower body as well. and about your cerical problem may be there's a nerve compression and that neck pain radiating to shoulder if ignored it will pass through arms. so i suggest you some best and pain relieving exercise and plz follow it if you want to reduce and stable the pain. actually you need IFT and ultrasound theraoy for 2 weeks with immediate effect but may be not available due to lock down, but at home you can try the following which is also very effevtive in reducing pain.

Apply diclofenac ointment in the area of pain mainly at lower back, neck, shoulder and knees and cover it for 10 - 15mins with a cloth. then clean it with warm water following hot water fermentation. repeat this twice a day and if laun is severe you can take Zerodol-P tablet once a day.

EXERCISE'S TO BE DONE ARE AS FOLLOWS.

1. Lower Tummy strengthening. It is important to strengthen your lower tummy muscles because these muscles work in partnership with the lower back. 2. Deep Abdominal strengthening. 3. Bridge 4. Pelvic tilts. 5. Lowe back stretch 6. leg stretch 7. Piriformis stretch. these exercise's need to be done daily once for first week. each exercise 10 times and two sets of each.

and for cervical do the following.

1. neck stretch 2. neck tilt 3. neck turn 4. head rotation.

these exercise will help in reducing cervical pain and strengthen muscles.

please do not over pressure while doing it as it may increase pain. so do all the exercise gently and in a proper posture. if you can get a MRI report it will be very helpful to study further about the condition. as you pain history is long so it takes easily 3-4 months to complete the treatment. hope you'll follow the treatment plan as adviced follow up after 4 days over audio call if possible.

take care thank you.

stress improper posture

MRI LS

Cervical pain

disc bulge

exercise and medicines ( zerodol, diclofenac )

no forward bending, no heavy object lifting

4 days

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Understanding Low Back Pain

Article Overview: Low back pain is commonly found in young and school going individuals these days unlike it was believed as a disease of old age. So this is a small article giving a basic understanding of low back pain in the young hard working generation. Read Article

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Low back pain is the second most common ailment with common cold being the first. Previously, low back pain was considered age-related, that is, mostly seen in older individuals. So, it was considered a pain due to weak muscles and weak bones. But nowadays, back pain is quite common in the young pop...  Read Article

Had cervical polypectomy and experiencing back pain. Will it subside in time?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cervical polypectomy and was told to expect brown discharge. Now experiencing cramping, minor bleeding, vinegar smell, and severe back pain, to the point that I am dizzy and nauseous. A couple of days earlier had a bunch of discharge that looked like dark reddish and orangish skin....  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for Erb's palsy?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has Erbs palsy but we did physiotherapy for three months and the doctor said she is fine but she is still struggling with the hand and this is about six months after the doctor discharged us. Please tell me what should I do.  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now