Q. My father has pain in the right shoulder that radiates down the chest and right leg. Why?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

My father is 60 years old, and he had an ache in his right shoulder for two months, but now he is feeling pain in his right leg and chest.

#

As you mentioned, the pain was in the right shoulder and now radiating to the right leg and chest, so there can be some nerve compression, or most probably it is neuralgia, so you have to treat it accordingly. If he is not taking any medicine currently, then I would suggest:

1. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once before a meal
  2. Tablet Diclofenac 75 mg twice after a meal
  3. Tablet Methylcobalamin 1500 mcg once after a meal

Take this treatment for five days. Can you please tell me about the presence of any numbness on the right side? Does he have hypertension? Is he taking any medicine currently? Please let me know so I can prescribe further medicines.

My father does not have hypertension and numbness. He has only the pain, which is persistently making him difficult to lift his arm and walk. As of now, he is not taking any medicine, and he only takes Vitamin B12 supplements.

#

Thank you for your quick reply. As he is taking Vitamin B12 supplements, he can take Pantoprazole and Diclofenac, as I mentioned above, and let me know after three days. If it continues, then I will go for further treatment.

|