Q. I have severe neuropathy in feet and intense burning throughout the body. Why?

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
Published on Nov 16, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2019

I am a 65-year-old male. I had cancer before four years and was in a coma for about four times. My remission is a miracle. I have severe neuropathy in feet and poor control over the last three years. Even narcotics do not work and now exploring alternatives.

My question is for the last six months I am experiencing wandering intense burning throughout the body. There was no diagnosis for it. Please suggest any idea. I am currently on 15 pain killers, antidepressant Effexor and Quetiapine.

#

I would advise you on the following, for the next one month, for relief.

(a) Alpha Lipoic Acid R+, 300 mg twice daily.

(b) Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamine), 500 mg daily.

(c) Omega-3 fatty acid 1000 mg twice daily.

Additionally, I would also advise you to go for acupuncture, by any competent acupuncturist. At the same time, do streamline your diet and lifestyle. Follow essentially a mediterranean diet pattern and exercise daily for 30 to 45 minutes. Stay well hydrated, positive and relaxed.

Complete blood count(CBC).

Peripheral neuropathy.

As advised.

Streamline diet, lifestyle. Stay well hydrated and reduce stress.

Suggest follow-up after 10 days of starting the medications as advised.

| 

What can be done for fibromyalgia and neuropathy in hands and feet?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old female, height 5'3" and 311 lbs. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and also small fiber neuropathy in my hands and feet. I am currently on Gabapentin, Duloxetine, and Meloxicam for my condition. The pain is keeping me up at night and I do not sleep well. Also I cann...  Read Full »

I have neck spasm and difficulty in walking. Please help.

Query: Hello, I weigh 39 kg and I am 31 years old. I have lost two kilograms in the last two months. I am having spasm in the neck since 2 months. It started when I had sudden sneezing and was not able to move the neck soon after that. Neck movements got restricted. I consulted a doctor and took tablet...  Read Full »

Why is there diabetic neuropathy in spite of being on insulin?

Query: Hello doctor, Although my mother is on insulin for 7 years, she has diabetic neuropathy and some complications since one week. Also, the doctor tried but the complications are not going.  Read Full »

Ask a Naturopathy Specialist Now