Q. I have severe neuropathy in feet and intense burning throughout the body. Why?

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 16, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2019

I am a 65-year-old male. I had cancer before four years and was in a coma for about four times. My remission is a miracle. I have severe neuropathy in feet and poor control over the last three years. Even narcotics do not work and now exploring alternatives.

My question is for the last six months I am experiencing wandering intense burning throughout the body. There was no diagnosis for it. Please suggest any idea. I am currently on 15 pain killers, antidepressant Effexor and Quetiapine.

#

I would advise you on the following, for the next one month, for relief.

(a) Alpha Lipoic Acid R+, 300 mg twice daily.

(b) Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamine), 500 mg daily.

(c) Omega-3 fatty acid 1000 mg twice daily.

Additionally, I would also advise you to go for acupuncture, by any competent acupuncturist. At the same time, do streamline your diet and lifestyle. Follow essentially a mediterranean diet pattern and exercise daily for 30 to 45 minutes. Stay well hydrated, positive and relaxed.

Complete blood count(CBC).

Peripheral neuropathy.

As advised.

Streamline diet, lifestyle. Stay well hydrated and reduce stress.

Suggest follow-up after 10 days of starting the medications as advised.

|