Q. What are the reasons for nightfall?

Dr. Erfana Malik
This is a premium question & answer published on May 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2018

I am a married 33 year old male. I have been suffering from weakness during sex. In the last months, I had nightfall for about two times. I want to know the reason and remedy as well.

Dr. Erfana Malik

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Thank you for sharing your concern.

There are a number of causes for your sexual and general weakness. First of all, you need to get your blood sugar levels checked because diabetes mellitus is one of the most important causes of weakness and impotence.

Besides this, there are some other causes like endocrine issues such as Addison's disease, hypogonadism (testosterone deficiency), etc. You need to have an appointment with a good physician for thorough physical examination and extensive work up for evaluation.

Diabetes mellitus.

Blood sugar and serum ACTH (adrenocorticotropic hormone).

Addison's disease

Revert with the reports to a family physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

| 

What are the reasons for nightfall? It seems weird and very serious.

Dr. Erfana Malik

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

The reasons for nightfall are many, but most commonly it is seen due to weak nerves and excessive masturbation practice. Smoking, alcoholism and sedentary lifestyle are a few other causes of it. Avoiding cigarette and alcohol, regular exercise and herbal products can help prevent nightfall.

For further information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

| 

Let me tell you that I am a non-smoking and non-alcoholic person. I am married and sometimes masturbate in a different way. I never had this concern before. I feel difficult and shy to speak this in a face-to-face discussion with my physician.

Dr. Erfana Malik

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

In your case, it can be masturbation which is indeed one of the most common causes of nightfall in men. Do not be shy as it is an ailment and you must talk to your doctor. Here, I can tell you few home remedies and natural ways to treat it. Use bitter gourd juice, honey, and yogurt and try to take garlic daily.

Regarding medical therapy, antidepressant drugs like Imipramine will decrease sex drive, but they have their adverse effects. So, my suggestion will be to try natural remedies first, and they are helpful many times.

| 

Hi doctir,

No, I meant I do not masturbate regularly. I do it only a few times when I really feel and not really willing to do with wife. It is strange but true. I cannot afford to reduce sex drive.

Dr. Erfana Malik

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I think you need a thorough physical examination and evaluation. I will suggest that you see some a good physician in your vicinity.

| 

What can be done to treat dryness and nightfall due to central diabetes insipidus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 male. I am suffering from central diabetes insipidus for the last three years. My all body, skin, and mucous membranes like penis glans, nose, nostrils and eyes have extreme dryness and frequent nightfall 4 to 5 times in a week. Please advice medicine. currently, I am taking D...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now