Q. What is the cause for multiple small bumps on my back?

Dr. Sandhya Narayankutty

My back is filled with small bumps, and it is so concerning. They are very textured, but they are not red. Can you please help?

#

I can understand your concern. The small bumps on your back are due to the clogging of the pores of your skin with excess sebum. This is quite common and is mostly associated with hormonal fluctuations, genetic susceptibility, and external factors like climate and lifestyle.

My advice is:

1. Make sure to avoid oily food, including fried food, red meat, and egg yolks. Switch to skimmed milk instead of regular milk if you have a habit of drinking milk. You may have yogurt on a regular basis. Avoid sugar, chocolates, and sweets. And consume at least 12 glasses of water a day.

2. Clindamycin gel to be used on your back after cleaning the area well with soap in the morning and at night.

3. Benzoyl peroxide soap to be used twice daily on the back while bathing.

Kindly follow the above advice and follow up with me after three weeks. Stay healthy, happy, and safe.

|