Normal Baby Growth

My 16-weeks-old baby is sick with loose stools and bad burps. Kindly help us.

Query: Hi doctor, My 16 weeks old baby was sick around six days ago. Ever since he has had watery diarrhea after feeds around six times a day. Today on day 6, he is having awful rotten egg burps and still has the loose stools. Do you any idea of what it could be? He was also diagnosed with silent reflux at...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I believe this is your first child and that is why all the fuss. All the above complaints that you said are normal until the age of up to 6 months. Till the age of 6 months, the child may pass stools 10 to 15 times a day or once in two to three days. Also, the child may p...  Read Full »

My baby is not taking proper feed for his growth. How to take care of him?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a mother of a three-month-old baby. My baby is not eating enough and it resulted in causing other issues such as constipation, gas, and decreased urine output. I have tried changing many bottles and formulas. But nothing helped him. He just takes around 400 ml of milk in a maximum o...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal to have a weight of 5.9 kilograms in a three month old child. This is the weight that is usually present in a six months old child. So this definitely means that feeds are more than sufficient for the child. It is normal in children below the age of six mon...  Read Full »

How to help my 10-week-old baby with digestive issues?

Query: Hi doctor, My 10-week old baby is having digestive issues since birth. He passes gas extremely and experiences severe pain and discomfort when trying to pass gas and stool sometimes. Nothing helps him. We have tried giving gas drops and bicycling his legs. We have changed formulas and now he is tak...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Children below the age of six months make a lot of odd noises before or after passing stools. It is a normal phenomenon. Also passing gas is a normal phenomenon. Some children pass gas like an adult and it is completely normal. There is no need of taking medications bec...  Read Full »

My 6-week-old baby weighs 3.2 kg. Is it normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a six-week-old baby. During my pregnancy, the gynecologist told me that she is too small for the gestational age. She weighed 2.9 kilograms at birth. After six weeks, I visited the doctor today and she weighed 3.2 kilograms only. I am worried. Is there something wrong with my baby...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Her birth weight is good. I am proud to hear that you are giving breastfeeding. Weight gain after birth is variable. It is usually 30 grams per day. I recommend you plot weight in a weight chart. If there is no illness till date, your baby wil...  Read Full »

Is it common for a 5-year-old to have breast pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 years old daughter is complaining of slight pain in the left breast under the nipple. When touched, it feels like something hard muscular around the nipple area. I am a bit concern about whether it is a breast bud or something to worry about. At this stage, it is normal because s...  Read Full »

Dr. Madhuvanthi Rajendran

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Chest pain in the majority of girls is nothing to worry about. I would like to ensure if she has developed any other signs of puberty like pubic hair and underarm hair. Also, I would like to know her height and weight. I will guide you further ...  Read Full »

Can you give a baby Aristozyme along with cholesterol drops?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby boy is 11.5 months old. His weight is 8 kg. He is not taking anything orally except breast milk. He has been taking cholesterol drops from 9 days after birth. Now, our pediatrician advised to give Aristozyme drops. I want to know whether I can give him both the medicines. Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Aristozyme is useful when there is digestion problem associated with difficulty in growth. Your baby's weight seems fine for an 11.5 month old, which shows there must be no issues with digestion. Also, we give Simyl MCT oil and HMF sachet (human milk fortifier) as mil...  Read Full »

A 3-month-old baby swallowed a small thread. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 3 months old. She swallowed a small thread. Will it harm her? And her tongue is white and thick. She also snores a little. She often vomits milk, which contains mucus. My doctor said this will get cleared as she grows. Please tell your opinion. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Small thread does not harm the child. It will pass spontaneously. Small amount of regurgitation is normal in children. We should be more concerned if she is not taking food adequately. Ensure your baby is gaining adequate weight and growing well. For further information c...  Read Full »

Why have a few reddish spots developed on my baby's head?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby boy, who is 8 months 14 days old. His weight is 7.6 kg and height is 27 inches. He is taking Arbivit-3 and Zincovit drops daily according to the doctor's advice. Are his weight and height fine? From few days, there are some reddish spots developed on his head and in some parts of...  Read Full »

Dr. Navreet Sharda

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's weight and height are in normal range, but it is definitely towards lower side. I expect his weight to be between 2 to 3 kg at the time of birth. He need close monitoring as far as growth is concerned. If he is gaining weight adequately in the next coming mont...  Read Full »

Is it normal for a 7-month-old baby to have jerks?

Query: Hi doctor, My 7 months old baby boy is dropping down his head occasionally. Sometimes, he has some mild jerks. Jerks were at the time after his feeding or after he wakes up. That time, he just swallows or lick his lips with tongue. Otherwise, his activities are very normal. He can hear us, identify...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your question with care and understand that you are concerned about few jerks your kid has. First and foremost, I would like to appreciate and congratulate you for giving detailed descriptions. Regarding the jerks, they are quite normal for his age. You need t...  Read Full »

Is everything normal in my wife's fetal ultrasound report?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 weeks pregnant. She is 27 years old. Her weight is 64 kg and height is 5'2". This is our first pregnancy. Now, doctor found one problem in level two ultrasound report. Fetal head mildly dilated lateral ventricle 9.6 mm. I consulted with doctors. They are saying that it w...  Read Full »

Dr. Eris Ranxha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. The changes are normal as the baby grows bigger. You do not have a reason to be worried too much. For further doubts consult a fetal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/fetal-medicine-s...  Read Full »