Normal Baby Growth

A 3-month-old baby swallowed a small thread. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 3 months old. She swallowed a small thread. Will it harm her? And her tongue is white and thick. She also snores a little. She often vomits milk, which contains mucus. My doctor said this will get cleared as she grows. Please tell your opinion. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Small thread does not harm the child. It will pass spontaneously. Small amount of regurgitation is normal in children. We should be more concerned if she is not taking food adequately. Ensure your baby is gaining adequate weight and growing well. For further information c...  Read Full »

Why have a few reddish spots developed on my baby's head?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby boy, who is 8 months 14 days old. His weight is 7.6 kg and height is 27 inches. He is taking Arbivit-3 and Zincovit drops daily according to the doctor's advice. Are his weight and height fine? From few days, there are some reddish spots developed on his head and in some parts of...  Read Full »

Dr. Navreet Sharda

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's weight and height are in normal range, but it is definitely towards lower side. I expect his weight to be between 2 to 3 kg at the time of birth. He need close monitoring as far as growth is concerned. If he is gaining weight adequately in the next coming mont...  Read Full »

Is it normal for a 7-month-old baby to have jerks?

Query: Hi doctor, My 7 months old baby boy is dropping down his head occasionally. Sometimes, he has some mild jerks. Jerks were at the time after his feeding or after he wakes up. That time, he just swallows or lick his lips with tongue. Otherwise, his activities are very normal. He can hear us, identify...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your question with care and understand that you are concerned about few jerks your kid has. First and foremost, I would like to appreciate and congratulate you for giving detailed descriptions. Regarding the jerks, they are quite normal for his age. You need t...  Read Full »

Is everything normal in my wife's fetal ultrasound report?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 weeks pregnant. She is 27 years old. Her weight is 64 kg and height is 5'2". This is our first pregnancy. Now, doctor found one problem in level two ultrasound report. Fetal head mildly dilated lateral ventricle 9.6 mm. I consulted with doctors. They are saying that it w...  Read Full »

Dr. Eris Ranxha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. The changes are normal as the baby grows bigger. You do not have a reason to be worried too much. For further doubts consult a fetal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/fetal-medicine-s...  Read Full »

Why did not my 5-month-old daughter roll from yesterday?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 5 months old. She started rolling at her fifth month birthday. She rolled for two or three days. But, she did not roll since yesterday. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A baby starts to roll or turn on its back at 5 months of age. Since your child has started to roll at 5 months, this is absolutely normal for this age. In initial days, the movements are a bit slow which the child picks in a few days. So, you should not worry abo...  Read Full »

What are the symptoms of a child with autism?

Query: Hi doctor, I have just noticed recently my 15 months old when he plays with his electronic toys that light up. He will look closely at where they light up and open his mouth like a stun. It does not happen all the time though. I know this is a sign of autism. But he has great eye contact, responds ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that whatever you have described is a sign of a normal growing child. It is not a sign of autism. These are signs of the child grasping the knowledge of the things and interacting with things around him. Please do not worry. Also, I would advise tender lovin...  Read Full »

Kindly give your suggestion on vitamin supplements for a 15 months old.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 15 months old. Her weight is 8.2 kg and height is 80 cm. One of the Pediatricians suggested me to give two supplements to her as follows. Osteocalcium 5 mL per day, which contains Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12 and Calcium phosphate and JusDee 60K granules one sachet per month,...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are child's weight is lower than normal for the age. Hope she does not have any health or developmental issues. The weight goes with her birth weight and nutrition. Height is good. So probably, I would expect either under nutrition or a delay in growth spurts. As f...  Read Full »

Which type of vaccination is good, painless or painful?

Query: Hello doctor,My son's tongue comes out while sleeping and most of the time. He is six weeks old. While breastfeeding, he uses his tongue to suck the milk. Is this normal? Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the child is just six weeks old, you need not worry. It is normal for the baby to do this. It is just a variation. Do not panic and just relax. Watch your baby grow and change habits as he grows. For further information consult a child health specialist online --...  Read Full »

My 5 months old baby often cries due to gas problem. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,My baby has just completed 5 months. We are giving her formula milk since my wife had less milk. She has constant problems with gas. I have given her Colicaid before a feed and burp her 15 to 20 minutes after every feed and gas gets released as well. Even after that, she cries due to gas p...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, this is an absolutely normal phenomenon in this age group. The child will pass gas like a big person. Do not worry. Regarding the use of Colicaid (Simethicone), it is an absolutely safe medicine. Please stick to it only when necessary. Also, you c...  Read Full »

My breast milk is not sufficient for my 33 days old son. Can I give him powder milk?

Query: Hi doctor, My second baby boy is 33 days old. I am breastfeeding him from birth, but now the breast milk is not sufficient for him. What should I do now? Shall I go for milk powders? Or is there any other way to increase breast milk production? Kindly advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two definite methods to ensure that the baby is getting adequate milk or not. They are: If the baby is gaining weight of 150 g or more per week, then the baby is getting sufficient milk. If the baby is passing urine more than 6 to 8 times a day (large amount), ...  Read Full »