Normal Baby Growth

What are the symptoms of a child with autism?

Query: Hi doctor, I have just noticed recently my 15 months old when he plays with his electronic toys that light up. He will look closely at where they light up and open his mouth like a stun. It does not happen all the time though. I know this is a sign of autism. But he has great eye contact, responds ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that whatever you have described is a sign of a normal growing child. It is not a sign of autism. These are signs of the child grasping the knowledge of the things and interacting with things around him. Please do not worry. Also, I would advise tender lovin...  Read Full »

Kindly give your suggestion on vitamin supplements for a 15 months old.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 15 months old. Her weight is 8.2 kg and height is 80 cm. One of the Pediatricians suggested me to give two supplements to her as follows. Osteocalcium 5 mL per day, which contains Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12 and Calcium phosphate and JusDee 60K granules one sachet per month,...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are child's weight is lower than normal for the age. Hope she does not have any health or developmental issues. The weight goes with her birth weight and nutrition. Height is good. So probably, I would expect either under nutrition or a delay in growth spurts. As f...  Read Full »

Which type of vaccination is good, painless or painful?

Query: Hello doctor,My son's tongue comes out while sleeping and most of the time. He is six weeks old. While breastfeeding, he uses his tongue to suck the milk. Is this normal? Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the child is just six weeks old, you need not worry. It is normal for the baby to do this. It is just a variation. Do not panic and just relax. Watch your baby grow and change habits as he grows. For further information consult a child health specialist online --...  Read Full »

My 5 months old baby often cries due to gas problem. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,My baby has just completed 5 months. We are giving her formula milk since my wife had less milk. She has constant problems with gas. I have given her Colicaid before a feed and burp her 15 to 20 minutes after every feed and gas gets released as well. Even after that, she cries due to gas p...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, this is an absolutely normal phenomenon in this age group. The child will pass gas like a big person. Do not worry. Regarding the use of Colicaid (Simethicone), it is an absolutely safe medicine. Please stick to it only when necessary. Also, you c...  Read Full »

My breast milk is not sufficient for my 33 days old son. Can I give him powder milk?

Query: Hi doctor, My second baby boy is 33 days old. I am breastfeeding him from birth, but now the breast milk is not sufficient for him. What should I do now? Shall I go for milk powders? Or is there any other way to increase breast milk production? Kindly advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two definite methods to ensure that the baby is getting adequate milk or not. They are: If the baby is gaining weight of 150 g or more per week, then the baby is getting sufficient milk. If the baby is passing urine more than 6 to 8 times a day (large amount), ...  Read Full »

Is breech position a big concern?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 29 weeks pregnant. Today we had one ultrasound scan and the report is as follows. Single live fetus in breech presentation and 2v umbilical cord. Is this a big problem? Will it cause any problem to my baby during or after birth? Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The breech position is not a concern at the moment as it might change till 34 weeks in all and can become cephalic. Your wife's ultrasound report does not show any good sign for the baby's development and a single umbilical artery (2 vessel umbilical cord) is an aberra...  Read Full »

Is my 8 months old baby suffering from Hirschsprung's disease or severe constipation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have gotten two different opinions from two pediatricians about my 8 months old boy. One says my boy has Hirschsprung's disease, and the other says it is just constipation. The first doctor did a rectal exam, yielding no explosive stools, and he wants my son to get a barium enema. The ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There seems to be a lot of confusion that has been created. See here are my valid points: A child with any chronic disease like HD (Hirschsprung's disease) will not be able to gain weight of 9.53 kg at just 8 months of age. HD is usually diagnosed quite soon after birth. ...  Read Full »

Is my pregnancy chicken pox connected in any way to my baby's rickets?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a baby boy who is 1 year 8 months old and his weight is only 8.4 kg (birth weight 2.6kg). Before one month, I recognized some irregularity in his walking and went for an X-ray and blood test by the recommendation of a doctor. And diagnosed that his vitamin D and calcium values ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Shilpa Reddy Diggireddy

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, rickets is completely reversible and nothing permanent. Your babies values are very mildly affected. So, by the course you are giving him it will be cured completely. Your pregnancy chicken pox has nothing to do with his condition presently. So do not feel g...  Read Full »

My baby has loose motions and frequently vomits after a feed. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 3-month-old baby is sick. He is not taking breastmilk but drinks a little water by spoon. He has loose motions. I have tried few medicines but he has not stopped vomiting frequently after feeding. I have tried giving antibiotics twice but it increased the loose motion and it does n...  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child seems very fine because he has got a good weight gain. Now, coming over to your problems, your child is suffering from simple viral infection because multiple systems are involved like the respiratory and gastrointestinal tract. To deal with the resp...  Read Full »

My baby is failing to gain weight. Is it due to worms?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 7-month-old baby who is failing to gain weight and whose brother 5 years old has Ascaris worm and I believe flukes (still to confirm). The baby has been given Albendazole 2.5 ml one dose every five days and is not getting better. I would like to give it more often or maybe co...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Radheshyam Gupta

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Worms are very rare in babies 7 months of age. There is no need to give Albendazole. His weight of 7.3 kg is normal. After 6 months of age, the weight gain process slows down. If your baby is active and has achieved milestones appropriate for his age, then there is no ...  Read Full »