Normal Delivery

Why am I having pain in various parts of the body during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, This is my 34th week of pregnancy and I recently started having pain in numerous areas. For one when I sit down it is difficult to get back up due to sharp pain in my lower back. Then I have pain in my upper abdomen which seems to last 20 to 30 minutes. I do not want to go to the hosp...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not see any reason for you to worry. Let me explain. Delivery is not a single day phenomenon on that end of 10 months. Your body is gradually relaxing, which includes all the muscles, ligaments, joints for that moment of relaxation and expulsion of the baby. Eve...  Read Full »

Kindly look at the 37-weeks pregnancy report and explain the condition of baby.

Query: Hello doctor, My first baby died after delivery due to CHD. Now my wife is in 37 weeks of pregnancy. Recently we have done one scan of our baby and the survey of the fetus are as given. Presentation- Cephalic, placenta- Left lateral wall and anterior. Liquor- normal, amniotic fluid index- 13.7. Um...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. The baby's head position is downwards and favorable for vaginal delivery (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The placenta position is along left lateral wall and acceptable. The ...  Read Full »

I am 37 weeks pregnant and my scan says head is not fixed. Is there any chances of normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 37 weeks pregnant now. Today doctor told me to get admitted everything is fine as per scanning only head is not fixed. Are there any chances of normal delivery?  Read Full »

Dr. Arohi Anil Tasgaonkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any other reason why your doctor wants you to get admitted. If everything is normal with you and your baby, then we can safely wait till 40 weeks of pregnancy before taking a call for labor. There multiple factors like, 1. Whether the head of the baby has ...  Read Full »

Should I opt for C-section for being anemic?

Query: Hello doctor, I am at my first pregnancy, and I am seven months pregnant. I have been anemic all of my life, and I am still struggling to get my iron levels up. When I went to the hospitals for my checkups, they have not said anything about my anemia. I was wondering should I request a C- section ...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepali Raina

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You still have three months to go till delivery. This is enough time to diagnose the reason for your anemia and also to build up your hemoglobin levels. Talk to your obstetrician about it. Blood loss in C- section and normal delivery are almost the same. So any mode...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to undergo C-section after cervical cerclage?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 38 weeks pregnant and in the 19th week, the doctor recommended for cervical cerclage and that was done at that time. What is the chance of having normal delivery rather than C-section as me and my wife are not willing to go for C-section and want the baby to be delivered norma...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As she is 38 weeks now, she should have cerclage removed and should have an examination by local treating gynecology doctor and mode of delivery should be discussed after having all details in front (fetal and maternal condition). At certain gestational age, cervical c...  Read Full »

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Cervical length needs to be checked again at 24 weeks for further advice. In general, twin pregnancy has a tendency for preterm labor. Your focus right now should be on preventing preterm labor rather than normal delivery. For normal delivery to happen, you do not need t...  Read Full »

What are the exercises and food for normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am in the 25th week of pregnancy. I want a normal delivery. Will exercise or diet help me in normal delivery?  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following aid in normal delivery: Your stature must be tall. There should be adequate pelvis. The baby should be in vertex position. This can be predicted only when you cross 37 weeks. You can have a normal diet and regular antenatal exercises till then. Yog...  Read Full »

Is normal delivery possible if the baby weighs more?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife has completed 39 weeks of pregnancy. We got an ultrasound yesterday, and the report is completely normal. But her labor pain is not getting induced, so the doctor is suggesting cesarean, as the baby's weight is 3.65 kg. My wife would like to have a normal delivery by inducing pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and it is normal. No, delivery is risk-free, normal or caesarean. If her BP (blood pressure) and blood sugar are normal, then there is no contraindication to normal delivery. Regarding the cha...  Read Full »

A stitch after a normal delivery has not healed after five months. Is it a fistula?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a normal delivery five months back, but I can still see one stitch, which has not healed properly. The skin is still raw near the vagina. It does not hurt, but only when I pee or when water touches there, it stings. Please help. I do not want to get restitched, as it has been a l...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Do not worry. This is not infected, it is just a skin gap. Nearly everyone will have this much of wound gaping. This is more if the stitch was put very tight, it will cut through. This does not need any resuturing. But you will have to avoid sex ti...  Read Full »

Following delivery and blood transfusion, developed blisters on face. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I delivered a baby through normal delivery 15 days before and I got one unit of blood transfusion. Yesterday, I got rashes and blisters only on my face and it keeps increasing. What to do? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood transfusion and antibiotics are the two reasons, which can cause rashes in your situation. You have to wait and watch. If problem increases, then need to take some steps like change the antibiotics and evaluation of blood transfusion. But, if the problem resolve...  Read Full »