Q. Are steroid injections safe for fetal growth?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

My first baby is healthy and my blood group is A positive and my wife's blood group is B negative. Now, my wife is again pregnant and has completed 26 weeks of pregnancy. She has developed antibodies and the latest ICT with titer test results show 1:64. Last week, we also did sonography and that did not have any impact on the baby.

Now, the doctor suggests giving some steroids in this week which will help to develop the baby's lungs faster to prevent any complication. Is it safe? If my baby's blood group is also negative then are there any possibilities for antibodies to develop in my wife or does the baby's blood group does not matter at all? Should I go ahead with NIPT to find the baby's blood group?

#

Since your blood groups are negative, there is nothing to worry about.

Yes, you can go ahead with injection for babies. They are safe.

You need not go for a test to detect your baby's blood group as it is not an issue.

However, if you have a doubt then get back to me.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|