Q. My penis is 6. 1 inches on erection. Is it considered as small penis?

Dr. Gokul Vignesh Kandaswamy

Is my penis considered small since it is 6.1 inches erect and 5” in girth, and 1.7” wide?

#

Measurements of the penis size of yours are actually completely normal. In fact, the measurements you have given are exactly the average quoted in literature. Also to note it is more common for men with average size penis to worry more than men with actual small size penis. Bear in mind when professional measure it will always be more than what men measure themselves, the reason being the root/crux of the penis is far inside than people normally think, which probably means it is probably longer than the international average. Again the size of the penis is immaterial when it comes to sexual activity and what the partners think of it. Female sexual pleasure is not related to men’s penis size.

There is a lot of hype about lengthening but generally, it does not work and could be harmful. We also say the penis is one area where size does not matter. In short, your size is within normal limits.

Reassured.

How do professionals measure the penis?

#

The penis has two parts. What we see outside and the internal part. This internal part fixes the penis to the bony structures and are a good few inches long. Only way to measure is by doing certain types of scans. But this total length of the penis is not what is considered when we talk of penile length.

When measuring the external penile length which is what we talk about, it is not from the surface of the skin over scrotum or pubic area. You need to press the tissues down to bone and measure from there. This is particularly important when you have fat pads above the penis which is very common in obese/overweight men. These fat pads cause buried penis, making it look very small. So depending on the fat level in this area you get few extra inches when you measure.

If it is purely the size alone you are worried about I would not be concerned in your case. But if there is anything else bothering you, then that needs to be discussed.

|