Q. Kindly have a look at my medical reports and advise.

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
Published on Jul 11, 2018

I just did some medical test for no reason just as part of the routine check. Can anyone confirm if all reports are fine or if needed immediate medical attention? Currently, I am taking Telday 40 blood pressure medicine everyday.

#

I have checked the attached reports thoroughly (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I can affirm that all laboratory values are within normal and there is no need to worry. No medical attention is required based on these laboratory results. Please tell me if you have any symptoms or signs in order to reassure you completely.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Only for creatinine value, I am tensed. I am totally surprised how can this happen when I did same test three months before from a different laboratory and value was .89. Though I am passing through anxiety from the last few weeks, now I am tensed if this means my kidney failed or infected or anything else. Please let me know.

#

I understand all your concerns. You have a valid query, creatinine level depends on many factors including the kidney functions as well as the muscle bulk and other factors. 1.2 is still within normal. In order to measure the kidney function properly, we calculate the GFR (glomerular filtration rate). Please confirm your age and weight in order to calculate your GFR. Please let me know if you have any symptoms or diseases like renal stones or repeated urinary infections.

| 

My age is 34 and the weight is 93 kg. I take one medicine Telday 40 (for blood pressure) every day and measure every day and it is normal. No as such symptoms of renal stones, no pain. However, a year before I had a burning sensation of urine and less urine, did culture and RE for urine as well as kidney profile and all came back normal.

#

I have calculated your GFR, it is 114 which is normal. The normal range is above 90. You mentioned that you have hypertension which is a risk factor for kidney disease in the future. You have to control it well and check it regularly. Target is below 140/90 mmHg.

| 

Why is my serum creatinine level fluctuating?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. My serum creatinine is now 1.3, which was 0.98 one year ago and 1.2 before six months. Do I need to be worried?  Read Full »

Can you comment on the imbalances in my blood test reports?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently got my routine blood test done. I would like to consult a good doctor regarding the imbalances mentioned. Attached is the report. I have a thyroid disorder and I take Thyronorm 50 mcg every day and 75 mcg on Sunday. I recently recovered from viral flu and cold. I have mi...  Read Full »

Is varying creatinine levels in adults normal?

Query: Hello doctor, This person is 43 years old and male. He takes weekly urine screen at the same time of each week. The screen measures creatinine in mg/dL and the previous creatinine results are as follows: 117, 221, 179, 88, 147, 235, 201, 173, 100, 92, 123 and 142. About a year ago, he had levels as ...  Read Full »