Q. What might be the reason for feet numbness while playing football?

Answered by Dr. Sumit Chawla and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Numbness In Feet or Nerve Compression? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My son is now 17 years old. He is a football soccer apprentice in a professional football team. He is generally fit and healthy. He used to train with the team for five days a week and plays a match on Saturday. For a few years, he has been experiencing his feet going numb whilst playing the match. In training, throughout the week he does not feel any numbness in his feet. However, when he increases the intensity in game he experiences a numb feel where he describes his feet as blocks of wood. He seems to have become slower in his game because of this problem. Do you have any idea of what this might be? Thanks.