Q. I am unable to get erection due to numbness and tingling in the penis. Kindly help.

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 20, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 26, 2020

My penis is numb, and the tingling feeling is going down to my toes. I am not able to get an erection, and having difficulty urinating. I have only one kidney.

#

Numbness and tingling sensation in the toes in addition to erectile dysfunction and difficulty passing urine it also might be combined, but constipation indicates a neurological issue (nerve supply issues), and various reasons cause this neurological issue. One is viral, especially if it happened recently. Second is trauma, mainly to the back. Third is nerve root compression at the spinal cord level. In some cases, due to diseases like multiple sclerosis or even diabetes. You need fasting blood sugar reading. If it is viral, it is usually combined by flu-like symptoms and recent fever, and it will resolve on its own in two weeks, but if your symptoms are for long, it is not viral and might be nerve compression or trauma. You will need an MRI scan to your back (lumbosacral spine MRI) to know the status of nerves than to decide about the treatment.

Please follow up once you have your investigations done.

Fasting blood sugar. MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) lumbosacral spine.

|