Q. I have numbness, burning, and inflammation in the penis. Kindly help.

I have problems with my genital, which affects my everyday life. I feel numbness, burning, inflammation,slight pain at urethra, whole body weakness, fatigue, mild fever at morning.

I have done numerous tests such as blood test thrice, ultrasound, urine test twice, and x-ray, but it did not detect any infection or disease. I am somewhat confused now. What might be the disease? So regarding this, I want to chat with you.

An MD doctor advised me to contact an andrologist to rule out the discomfort at my genitals. What might be the cause? But andrologist are not available in my area. Kindly help.

#

I will be glad to assist you in diagnosis and management of your problem.

What might be the infection?

#

It is most likely urinary tract infection. In my opinion, urine culture and sensitivity should be done as you are already receiving antibiotics with little success.

After doing all the tests, the reports is found negative, why? After all, there is no sign of relief. I had done urine culture, but I did not get the results yet. If there is a chance of UTI, then why the infection is not detected? I had done a VRDL and HIV test, but the result was also negative.

#

Tests sometimes do not detect infection because it is either mild, viral, or partially treated with antibiotics. So when there are symptoms, we need to act based on clinical experience and not every time as per laboratory reports.

In situations where fungal infections are cause of the problem they do not get detected with routine testing and do not respond to routine antibiotics. Ask your doctor to prescribe either Gatifloxacin or Levofloxacin. Your bacteria found in the culture are sensitive to both of them among others but not for Doxylab which you are currently using.

Which medicine works best? Please prescribe.

#

Prescription can be made by examining doctor only. Regarding medication, I already mentioned the best medicine for you.

Now I am taking Disodium hydrogen citrate syrup and tablet Ciprofloxacin 500 mg. Each for five and seven days. What is your opinion regarding this medicine?

#

Hopefully, this will eliminate your infection. However, the required length of Ciprofloxacin treatment is ten days in your case.

I shall strictly abide by the suggestion that you have made to me.

Can lower abdominal pain occur after unprotected sex?

Query: Hello doctor, My query is regarding sexually transmitted infection. I had unprotected sex 51 days back. I had mild fever with a very mild burning sensation on my penis for three days after that encounter. I consulted a doctor and she gave five shots of Ceftriaxone for five days. The mild burning ...  Read Full »

Can penile pump cause penis numbness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am using a penile pump under the direction of a urologist. Over a period of each of five days, I think I had overstretched the penis and now have a loss of sensitivity and soreness with no erection. Do you know if it will and how long it may take to recover sensation and remove the s...  Read Full »

What is the treatment to prevent recurrent urinary tract infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a urinary tract infection again. I had it two times within past two months. It is the second time. I took Sefdin, and megatas but still no improvement. Please assist me.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask an Andrologist Now