Numbness Of Arm

Is arm numbness a symptom of cervical disc bulge?

Query: Hi doctor, My right arm is numb from the elbow to the wrist and sometime I feel like getting electric shock inside. About 29 years ago, I got my C4/C5 lower disc removed. I have neck and back pain too and for which I am taking Lyrica now. I had an MRI and the report is as follows. Tight cervical sp...  Read Full »

Dr. Piyush Jakal

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your complaints it is clear that you are suffering from prolapsed intervertebral disc in cervical region. The prolapsed disc is compressing your spinal nerve roots of arm. I request you to kindly attach MRI images. Most likely it appears from your symptoms that you w...  Read Full »

Why am I having racing heartbeat and numbness in left hand?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months ago, I started feeling racing heartbeat and numbness in left hand and felt like I am losing control on my body. I contacted a doctor and he gave me some anxiety pills but after five days I got a strong panic attack which lasted for three hours until I take a pill name Placi...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Racing heart beat (palpitations) can be due to different causes. Excessive anxiety, panic attacks is a common cause of palpitations. If you had no prior history of anxiety and suddenly developed palpitations, it is advisable to consult a heart specialist (cardiologis...  Read Full »

Why is my arm numb after blood draw?

Query: Hi doctor, I had blood drawn five weeks ago and since then felt numbness and tingling in my right arm and right leg. Although numbness and tingling have gotten better, I still feel slight numbness in right pinky and third finger. I also feel burning/pinching in the crease of my arm where she drew b...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your concern, I would explain that your symptoms could be related to a pinched nerve, possibly related to the venous puncture. I do not think that the numbness in the leg is related to the procedure. It could be just a little anxiety. Anyway, if the numbne...  Read Full »

I have shortness of breath and numbness in arms in the morning. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male, who weighs 115 lbs and I am 5.10 feet tall. I woke up after an hour of sleep with shortness of breath and numbness in my right arm. I have been suffering from a cold, for a week now. Five days ago I boarded a flight, I got congested during the first leg of the...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would give my opinion regarding this, but it may not be the final diagnosis as I have not examined you. Shortness of breath after lying down for an hour implies there is a pulmonary congestion, that is pooling of blood in lungs due to weakened heart. It is called ort...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause hand numbness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been masturbating for about 11 years and from a few weeks my right elbow started paining. Numbness had appeared recently. I am a software engineer and I am working with computer for the past 11 years. When I sleep on my back and have my forehands over my chest, they become numb som...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question with care and understand that you have numbness of your hands when you sleep. First and foremost, masturbation is physiological and it is a normal phenomenon. It does not cause any problem or any side effects. It does not interfere with your ge...  Read Full »

Are blurred vision and numbness of arm and face an emergency?

Query: Hello doctor, My 13 year old daughter complained late yesterday afternoon of a really bad headache and blurred vision with numbness in her arm. I gave her Ibuprofen, she then vomited not long after and said she felt better. This morning she woke saying that it was even worse. So, I took her to the l...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am afraid to say that the clinical history of your daughter appears to be more than just viral sinusitis. Viral sinusitis is probably an incidental finding. Abrupt onset of headache, blurring of vision, difficulty in speaking, and numbness in face and arm is very cha...  Read Full »

How to check if the blood circulation to the head and neck is fine?

Query: Hi doctor, A physiotherapist did some manipulation with my neck and since then when I fall asleep at night, my arms, hands, upper back (area just below the neck) and brain feels weird as if blood supply is cut. This happens several times during the night while I am sleeping and these symptoms go aw...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain and numbness in your upper limbs after manipulation was done by a physical therapist. You have also mentioned both upper limb involvement which is actually a surprise because normal spinal manipulations should not actually lead to this especia...  Read Full »

Why am I having numbness in legs and arms after taking Nortriptyline?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a head injury, asthma and been on Amitriptyline for five weeks started at 10 mg and worked up to 50 mg. Headaches did not go away. Switched to Nortriptyline 50 mg for less than a week and started to experience numbness in legs and arms and tingly or pins and needles in same limbs....  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that the complaints that you describe, are not common adverse effects related to Amitriptyline or Nortriptyline. I do not find anything really concerning in your symptoms, besides the fact that these drugs do not seem ...  Read Full »

I have numbness in my face, arm, and hand on one side. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have numbness in my right side of the face and right arm and right hand. Blood pressure is normal.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it sudden onset or gradually develops from last many days. If it is gradual and it is there since long time period, then it is most probably spondylosis both cervical spine. It is a spine problem where you get numbness, pain, and other symptoms due to compression ...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have multiple migraines in a week?

Query: Hello doctor,I need your advice, please. I am a 44-year-old working mother of three children and normally in great health. In the last 20 years, I have had about three visual migraines. There is no headache and I get back to normal 30 minutes later. This week, I had a visual migraine on Monday, felt...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms could be related to status migrainosus, which causes a temporary dysfunction of some brain regions related to persistent migraine attacks. For this reason I would recommend performing a brain MRI (which would be better compared to the CT scan) and som...  Read Full »