Numbness Of Arm

Why did my left shoulder go completely numb after doing some neck stretches?

Query: Hello, I’ve been having symptoms for a long time now, about 6 years. Something constant that I feel is a “pressure” or imbalance on the upper left side of my body. I get brainfog frequently. Other symptoms come and go. Sometimes my upper rib feels tight when inhaling, sometimes I...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, After going through the detail you provided, its clearly a symptom of jerk you felt at the gym while excercise. i advice you to stop doing any excercise related to shoulder or neck. take accelofenac paracetamol tablet twice a day fir 3 days and consult in person with any physiotherapist nea...  Read Full »

My arms become numb while sleeping and I get disturbed. How to fix this problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35-year-old male. I have been to several doctors (neurologist) and I have not been told what is wrong and what I can do to fix it? My symptoms are: for the last ten months, when I go to sleep I wake up with one or both of my arms being numb from my elbow down to my pinky and rin...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry about your present health condition. Usually during sleeping on supine position or sleeping on sitting position with hands side by side may can cause some compression of ulnar nerve lead to temporary signal interference call neuropraxia which is common in all i...  Read Full »

Why do I have numbness and pain after elbow fracture treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I had elbow fracture four years ago. Following which I have limited ROM and stiffness. Now, I am also experiencing numbness, tingling and pain in palm and fingers. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you sustained elbow fracture four years ago. Can you kindly furnish me information that what fracture was it actually and what management was done in your case at that time? Also, I would like to see, Latest clinical pictures of your elbow showing...  Read Full »

Is arm numbness a symptom of cervical disc bulge?

Query: Hi doctor, My right arm is numb from the elbow to the wrist and sometime I feel like getting electric shock inside. About 29 years ago, I got my C4/C5 lower disc removed. I have neck and back pain too and for which I am taking Lyrica now. I had an MRI and the report is as follows. Tight cervical sp...  Read Full »

Dr. Piyush Jakal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your complaints it is clear that you are suffering from prolapsed intervertebral disc in cervical region. The prolapsed disc is compressing your spinal nerve roots of arm. I request you to kindly attach MRI images. Most likely it appears from your symptoms that you w...  Read Full »

Why am I having racing heartbeat and numbness in left hand?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months ago, I started feeling racing heartbeat and numbness in left hand and felt like I am losing control on my body. I contacted a doctor and he gave me some anxiety pills but after five days I got a strong panic attack which lasted for three hours until I take a pill name Placi...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Racing heart beat (palpitations) can be due to different causes. Excessive anxiety, panic attacks is a common cause of palpitations. If you had no prior history of anxiety and suddenly developed palpitations, it is advisable to consult a heart specialist (cardiologis...  Read Full »

Why is my arm numb after blood draw?

Query: Hi doctor, I had blood drawn five weeks ago and since then felt numbness and tingling in my right arm and right leg. Although numbness and tingling have gotten better, I still feel slight numbness in right pinky and third finger. I also feel burning/pinching in the crease of my arm where she drew b...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your concern, I would explain that your symptoms could be related to a pinched nerve, possibly related to the venous puncture. I do not think that the numbness in the leg is related to the procedure. It could be just a little anxiety. Anyway, if the numbne...  Read Full »

I have shortness of breath and numbness in arms in the morning. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male, who weighs 115 lbs and I am 5.10 feet tall. I woke up after an hour of sleep with shortness of breath and numbness in my right arm. I have been suffering from a cold, for a week now. Five days ago I boarded a flight, I got congested during the first leg of the...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would give my opinion regarding this, but it may not be the final diagnosis as I have not examined you. Shortness of breath after lying down for an hour implies there is a pulmonary congestion, that is pooling of blood in lungs due to weakened heart. It is called ort...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause hand numbness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been masturbating for about 11 years and from a few weeks my right elbow started paining. Numbness had appeared recently. I am a software engineer and I am working with computer for the past 11 years. When I sleep on my back and have my forehands over my chest, they become numb som...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question with care and understand that you have numbness of your hands when you sleep. First and foremost, masturbation is physiological and it is a normal phenomenon. It does not cause any problem or any side effects. It does not interfere with your ge...  Read Full »

Are blurred vision and numbness of arm and face an emergency?

Query: Hello doctor, My 13 year old daughter complained late yesterday afternoon of a really bad headache and blurred vision with numbness in her arm. I gave her Ibuprofen, she then vomited not long after and said she felt better. This morning she woke saying that it was even worse. So, I took her to the l...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am afraid to say that the clinical history of your daughter appears to be more than just viral sinusitis. Viral sinusitis is probably an incidental finding. Abrupt onset of headache, blurring of vision, difficulty in speaking, and numbness in face and arm is very cha...  Read Full »

How to check if the blood circulation to the head and neck is fine?

Query: Hi doctor, A physiotherapist did some manipulation with my neck and since then when I fall asleep at night, my arms, hands, upper back (area just below the neck) and brain feels weird as if blood supply is cut. This happens several times during the night while I am sleeping and these symptoms go aw...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain and numbness in your upper limbs after manipulation was done by a physical therapist. You have also mentioned both upper limb involvement which is actually a surprise because normal spinal manipulations should not actually lead to this especia...  Read Full »