Numbness Of Arm

Why is there a loss of concentration with the numbness of both the arms and legs?

Query: Hi doctor, My father, 20 days back, on steadily increasing loss of concentration and ability to form sentences, felt very sleepy after using the brain. He had gaps in memory, short term memory seems nonexistent, waking blackouts (walked away from work and drove home with no recollection, and found ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about the symptoms: 1. Did these symptoms happen in episodes? As you mentioned: 20 days back, then four days ago, then three days ago, then two days ago, and one day ago? or Were the symptoms persistent continuously for these 20 d...  Read Full »

What is the reason for the numbness and burning sensation in arms and feet?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past three weeks, I have been having all kinds of symptoms. For the last six months, I would get a burning sensation and numbness in my legs when I stand or sit for too long. I worked through it for a while, and then I noticed that I would get a burning sensation all over. The bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms suggest a peripheral nerve disorder (not MS, which is a central nervous system disorder). For this reason, I would recommend consulting with a neurologist for a physical examination and performing nerve conduction studies to examine your nerves. The ri...  Read Full »

Why do my hands feel numb after cancer treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am finishing the last part of my treatment for breast cancer. About a month ago, I started having numbness and tingling in arms and hands. It wakes me up through the night. I just recently started working in a grocery store, which is very physically demanding. It lands me with endless k...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you are on Paclitaxel weekly regimen. If yes, then this numb feeling is a side effect of chemotherapy. Please inform if you are taking any other chemotherapy. If it is bothering you in daily life too much, then I suggest Pregabalin. Also, bring it to your onco...  Read Full »

Why is half of my hand numb and tingly after an elbow injury?

Query: I am 38 year old female my height is 5 ft 9 in and I weigh about 125 lb. The other day I hit my left elbow really hard on the broken end of a two by four. It has now been going on for days since that happened my thumb and index finger and half of my arm all the way up to my elbow have been numb and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Dear, Sending love and healing vibes! Looking into your problem I would feel there due to entrapment at nerve that supplying at elbow .Basically there are three nerve passing thro elbow radius,median and ulnar nerves.My dear looking into your problem you have two nerve might be injured media and ra...  Read Full »

Could positive RA factor and low TLC be the reason for numbness in my hands?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 42-year-old female. I am having hand numbness and on below medicine. But still no improvement. I have performed some lab tests. Hemoglobin 18.2. Packed cell volume (PCV) - 53. RBC count - 5.88. Total leukocyte count (TLC) - 3.9. Platelet count - 140. HbA1c - 5.2. Estimat...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope you have met a rheumatologist personally also. Because she is suffering from arthritis, her rheumatoid factor is positive, and blood reports do not seem good as the TLC (total leukocyte count) and platelets are low, and hemoglobin is high. Does she have a history...  Read Full »

Can you please suggest treatment and exercise for back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, A few years back, I suffered from a pinched nerve in my neck and that incapacitated me with severe pain. A chiropractor saved my life and my sanity. I have also been told that I have degenerating vertebrae in the neck area. For several months, I have had recurring pain in my right shou...  Read Full »

Dr. Saswati Nanda

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain and radiation depend on the extent of the disc derangement and the compression of nerve. If the derangement is grade 1 or 2 means mild or moderate, then it can be solved by physiotherapy treatment or chiropractor treatment. But, if the derangement is grade 3 mea...  Read Full »

Why did my left shoulder go completely numb after doing some neck stretches?

Query: Hello, I’ve been having symptoms for a long time now, about 6 years. Something constant that I feel is a “pressure” or imbalance on the upper left side of my body. I get brainfog frequently. Other symptoms come and go. Sometimes my upper rib feels tight when inhaling, sometimes I...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, After going through the detail you provided, its clearly a symptom of jerk you felt at the gym while excercise. i advice you to stop doing any excercise related to shoulder or neck. take accelofenac paracetamol tablet twice a day fir 3 days and consult in person with any physiotherapist nea...  Read Full »

My arms become numb while sleeping and I get disturbed. How to fix this problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35-year-old male. I have been to several doctors (neurologist) and I have not been told what is wrong and what I can do to fix it? My symptoms are: for the last ten months, when I go to sleep I wake up with one or both of my arms being numb from my elbow down to my pinky and rin...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry about your present health condition. Usually during sleeping on supine position or sleeping on sitting position with hands side by side may can cause some compression of ulnar nerve lead to temporary signal interference call neuropraxia which is common in all i...  Read Full »

Why do I have numbness and pain after elbow fracture treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I had elbow fracture four years ago. Following which I have limited ROM and stiffness. Now, I am also experiencing numbness, tingling and pain in palm and fingers. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you sustained elbow fracture four years ago. Can you kindly furnish me information that what fracture was it actually and what management was done in your case at that time? Also, I would like to see, Latest clinical pictures of your elbow showing...  Read Full »

Is arm numbness a symptom of cervical disc bulge?

Query: Hi doctor, My right arm is numb from the elbow to the wrist and sometime I feel like getting electric shock inside. About 29 years ago, I got my C4/C5 lower disc removed. I have neck and back pain too and for which I am taking Lyrica now. I had an MRI and the report is as follows. Tight cervical sp...  Read Full »

Dr. Piyush Jakal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your complaints it is clear that you are suffering from prolapsed intervertebral disc in cervical region. The prolapsed disc is compressing your spinal nerve roots of arm. I request you to kindly attach MRI images. Most likely it appears from your symptoms that you w...  Read Full »