Q. After doing some neck stretches, my left shoulder went completely numb. Why?

Dr. Mohammed Wajid
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 13, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 25, 2021

I have some symptoms for the past six years. I feel to have some pressure or imbalance on the upper left side of my body. Sometimes, I have a brain fog. Sometimes, my upper rib seems to be tight while inhaling. Sometimes, I have dizziness and my heart rate gets raised. I did some tests recently. The doctor told me that I have an inflamed supraspinatus tendon. I am doing exercise and stretches every day. But it did not help me. I have tried palpating my tendon and there is no tenderness. Recently, I have tried doing some neck stretches. On the next day, my left shoulder became completely numb. Before having these symptoms, I had an incident in my gym on a day where I was doing my exercise hardly. After that, my vision became dark and I got constant pain in my shoulder or neck for a few weeks.

#

According to the description provided here, you got a symptom of a jerk at the gym while doing exercise. I suggest you stop doing any exercise that is related to the shoulder and neck. You can take tablet Paracetamol twice a day for three days and consult your physiotherapist soon. You need proper treatment. A physiotherapist helps to guide you to do an exercise properly during pain. He can give you IFT (interferential therapy) to reduce your pain and relaxing your muscles.

|