Q. Does masturbation cause arm numbness and pain?

Answered by Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Numbness Of Arm or Hypothyroidism? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Does masturbation cause arm numbness and pain?

I have been masturbating for about 11 years and from a few weeks my right elbow started paining. Numbness had appeared recently. I am a software engineer and I am working with computer for the past 11 years. When I sleep on my back and have my forehands over my chest, they become numb sometimes. So during sleep, I have to switch pose. But in side pose also, if I have my hands bent the forehands become numb after a while. So, consciously I have to keep my hands straight. Apart from this, I also get some pain on my right elbow. Coming to my habits, as I am a software engineer I work about 14 hours on the system per day. I also used to masturbate daily by seeing porn in the mobile. For this, I would lie on my back and hold mobile in front of me with right hand. This over time started to cause pain on my right hand especially at the elbow due to mobile weight. Also, during long drive my right elbow pains and slight numbness felt now and then. It is not so much intense that I am unable to work, but it is disturbing and I do not know how to put them to rest. I read on the internet as it could be due to ulnar nerve and I seem to have subclinical hypothyroid. I am going to start taking thyroid tablet in the morning. Please help me for my pain.