Numbness Of Face

Is it possible for brain stem tumors to cause trigeminal nerve?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female. I am healthy, and my routine blood studies are fine. But recently, I experience cramps in my left hand and occasional numbness in the left side of my face. Also one day, I felt a strong toothache on my right side, so I went to a dentist, who told me there w...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I would like to assure you that the none of the described symptoms in your post is indicative of brain tumor. It will not be wrong to say that what you are experiencing is a manifestation of benign disorde...  Read Full »

What are the first signs of oral cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been very worried about my health lately. I would like to preface this by saying that I have been experiencing anxiety off late and I have a suspicion that some of these symptoms could be related to that. I am currently weaning off of Prednisone, which I have been taking for an all...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. I want to clarify details regarding who advised you to start Prednisone, and for how long have you been on it as this a drug which suppresses your immunity and causes a secondary infection. Care should be taken before...  Read Full »

Are blurred vision and numbness of arm and face an emergency?

Query: Hello doctor, My 13 year old daughter complained late yesterday afternoon of a really bad headache and blurred vision with numbness in her arm. I gave her Ibuprofen, she then vomited not long after and said she felt better. This morning she woke saying that it was even worse. So, I took her to the l...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am afraid to say that the clinical history of your daughter appears to be more than just viral sinusitis. Viral sinusitis is probably an incidental finding. Abrupt onset of headache, blurring of vision, difficulty in speaking, and numbness in face and arm is very cha...  Read Full »

Can tooth infection cause tingling and numbness of lip and chin?

Query: Hello doctor, The last molar on my left side broke around two years ago. It slightly niggled and chipped further during that time, reminding me that it needed to be fixed, but never actually posed a problem. I finally went to the dentist last year and an X-ray was taken. A decay was present at the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Possibly there been some compression or inflammation of the inferior alveolar nerve, which passes through the mandible and then emerges as the mental nerve. The mental nerve supplies the part below the lower lip and chin. If you have pain, severe tingling, pins and n...  Read Full »

Can Right-Sided Facial Numbness Be Due To A Stroke On The Left Side Of The Brain?

Query: Hello doctor, If the stroke has occurred in the left side of the brain, we know the patient's right side of the body would be weak and numb. But when the patient's right side of the face is also numb, is this also because of the stroke on the left side of the brain?     Read Full »

Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Strokes on the left side of the brain will cause weakness in the right side of the body and right facial weakness. Please let me know if you have any other questions. For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-on...  Read Full »

Why is there numbness in head, face and hand with weak convulsions?

Query: Hello doctor, I quite often suffer from feeling numbness in the part of my head, face, and hand. I also quite often feel something like weak convulsions in the head. Those are very often with a headache. I am also very sensitive to the light and temperature changes. Those very often cause very stro...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to different possible causes like fibromyalgia, vitamin D or vitamin B12 deficiency, tension-type headache related to psychological stress, multiple sclerosis, small vessel disease of ...  Read Full »

I have numbness in my face, arm, and hand on one side. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have numbness in my right side of the face and right arm and right hand. Blood pressure is normal.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it sudden onset or gradually develops from last many days. If it is gradual and it is there since long time period, then it is most probably spondylosis both cervical spine. It is a spine problem where you get numbness, pain, and other symptoms due to compression ...  Read Full »

I have numbness, weakness, and tingling of limbs and face. What can it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I am very worried. I have symptoms like numbness, weakness, tingling in my limbs, head, tongue, and face. I have tooth print on my tongue sides. I have soreness behind the ears and on the eye. I can see black spots with one eye. I went to the eye doctor. He said eve...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to a metabolic disorder (thyroid gland dysfunction, vitamin deficiency, etc.).For this reason, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician and performing some tests to...  Read Full »

I have numbness and weakness of face after eardrum rupture. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, 10 days ago, my left eardrum ruptured by my mistake. The doctor said that it will heal on its own in two weeks time. He did not prescribe any medicine. Now, from two days, there is numbness and weakness on the left side of my face. There is mild pain around the ear, jawline, backside ...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have said about numbness/weakness on the left side of your face. Is your mouth deviating towards the right side or your left eye not closing properly? If that is so, it may be a weakness of one of your nerves that supply the muscles of the face (the facial nerve)...  Read Full »

Why is there numbness in left side of chin in a metastasizing breast cancer patient?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 61-year-old with breast cancer metastasizing to the liver, nodes, and bones. I am currently on Abraxane and Herceptin. I was diagnosed 19 years back and had 15 years of no cancer. Metastasis to a few nodes was noted four years back. I have been on Taxol, Taxatore and now Abraxane...  Read Full »

Dr. Abdul Aziz Khan

Hematologist, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have been living with this cancer for a long time and have a lot of information about it. This numbness on your chin can be a side effect of your chemotherapy but without MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) of the brain very difficult to say you do not have any brai...  Read Full »