Q. How to manage OCD without medications? My mind always repeats some words.

Dr. Ananth S
Published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 29, 2018

Dear doctor,

How to manage OCD without any medications? I got a word in my mind and it repeats every time in my mind. What is the practical way to rectify it?

Dr. Ananth S

Andrology Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy
#

In my experience, it is close to impossible to control OCD behaviors without medications.

It is due to a biochemical imbalance in your brain that needs to be corrected and that requires a course of psychiatric medications, which are safe and easily tolerated.

Consult a psychiatrist online for further help --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

Do people with OCD need to continue medicines throughout their life?

Query: Hello doctor, I need your help regarding OCD disease. It looks like my fiancee is having this problem and she has been suffering a lot since last month. I am seeing sudden changes in her behavior like getting sad, no feelings, and changes in the mood so frequently. She does not want to go outside a...  Read Full »

Suffering from OCD. Please help me if I can take Prozak and what will be the dosage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) since I was a child, and I did not know that I have this type of sickness until I read about it on internet. And now I am 27 years old. I need to ask you whether I can take a medicine by myself (Prozak or alternative). My symptoms...  Read Full »