Ocpd

Should I tell my partner about my OCD, stammer, and libido problems?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I am suffering with OCD and I stammer for past 15 years along with laziness and tiredness all the time. My appetite is not good and so my weight is approximately 53 to 55 kg only. I have changed many psychiatrists in last 15 years. I had Nexito 20 mg, Ciplar 40 m...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read the query, and I can understand your concern. You have OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) and co-morbid anxiety. The combination of Fluoxetine 20 mg and 10 mg Escitalopram (Nexito) was totally irrational. It is not advisable to take two SSRIs (Selective se...  Read Full »

How to overcome my obsessive thoughts?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering with some thought problem since many years and my life has been completely distracted due to that. It has completely ruined my life. My problem is that I am obsessed with a thought and I am not able to overcome it. I researched a lot about that on internet and it seems li...  Read Full »

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your details and understand your concern. White bear syndrome is, 'whatever you tend to think about you will continue to think about it even if it is something you do not want to think about'. Nothing can be more frustrating than to have a thought in your head...  Read Full »

Can OCD be cured?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from OCD. She always washes and cleans everything, even electronic things. She will not touch anyone who come from outside. If in case she touches, then she does take bath immediately. If there is any fly at home, she will watch and wash all those things.  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, it seems to be a case of OCD (obsessive compulsion disorder) only. One thing I want to ask is whether it causes stress to your wife or does she consider her habits as alright. In case, we finally came to a diagnosis of OCD it requires p...  Read Full »