Q. Can combination therapy drugs available online treat ocular toxoplasmosis?

Dr. Gargi Madhukar Apte

I consulted the nearby doctor for ocular toxoplasmosis. My symptoms are getting worse, and I was on the tablet Clindamycin for a week and started seeing improvements. However, I saw eye floaters for several years before a tooth infection. This infection triggered my ocular toxoplasmosis. Is there any possibility of getting the combination therapy drugs online without consulting the opthalmologist? I am scared after being referred to emergency care. I had undergone blood tests which came out negative. Please suggest something.

#

It is impossible to diagnose ocular toxoplasmosis without checking the eyes, especially the retina. I suggest you take the tablet Pyrimethamine 50 mg twice daily for two weeks and the next 25 mg twice daily for the next two weeks, along with the tablet Sulfadiaxone. I am not sure if you can get these drugs over-the-counter. It is better to wait till the ophthalmologist examines you. Please do not panic and take the suggested medications.

|