Q. How will omega-3, proteins, and complex carbohydrates help in increasing memory during exams?

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

This is not a health inquiry, but a problem I would need your help to solve. I would like to know what foods are good to eat before a test or exam? I am getting things like omega-3s, proteins, complex carbohydrates and water. My problem is, I cannot find much tangible information on why these things help us perform during tests? Can you point me in the right direction of where I need to go to get this info? Or do you know? What foods are the best to eat before a test?

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Dietician Nutritionist
#

Yes, as you have searched information is right and coming to its detail.

Complex carbohydrates will give you energy and you will not be lethargic as carbohydrates are an easy way to breakdown for its energy levels especially for brain cells. You can opt for whole wheat, oats, muesli, banana, apple, etc.

Protein are a good source or considered as building blocks. This will help to manage immunity, help to build tissue tear and keep you manage good health by not letting any infection easily. It can help you to be healthy. You can find these in eggs, lean meat like fish, and chicken.

Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids boost the memory as it has antioxidants and increases the memory power like in almonds, walnuts, and fish. Include fibers with fruits and vegetables in the diet as these are rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory and helps in good blood circulation, boost energy, memory and good health.

| 

How can weight be increased in a 23-year-old male?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 23 years old male and I am a student. My height is 166 cm and weight 49 kg. Over the past five years, my weight has not increased. I feel very weak and lean. Now, what should I do?  Read Full »

Why am I not able to lose weight even after dieting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old and I started dieting early last year. But it seems like my weight plateaued. I have been eating a low carb diet during weekdays and on Sundays, I eat the carbs that I want to eat. I work out 3 to 4 times a week. I sometimes sleep late. I have been on this schedule f...  Read Full »

I am losing my learning capabilities and having memory problem. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing memory problem. Day by day I am feeling like I am getting down like forgetting most of the previous things specially related to my academic life. I am losing my learning capabilities. I am finding hard to memorize things now.  Read Full »

Ask a Nutritionist Now