Q. If I have had open heart surgery, how long should I take warfarin?

Dr. Sukhvinder Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 14, 2018

If I have had an open heart surgery, how long should I take Warfarin for?

#

It depends upon the cause for which the surgery is being done, and what open heart surgery is being done.

And if you have any indication for long-term anticoagulation like atrial fibrillation (abnormal heartbeat).

I can provide you more insights only after knowing the complete details.

Revert back to a cardiologist online for further help --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|