Q. If I have had open heart surgery, how long should I take warfarin?

Dr. Sukhvinder Singh
Published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 14, 2018

If I have had an open heart surgery, how long should I take Warfarin for?

#

It depends upon the cause for which the surgery is being done, and what open heart surgery is being done.

And if you have any indication for long-term anticoagulation like atrial fibrillation (abnormal heartbeat).

I can provide you more insights only after knowing the complete details.

Revert back to a cardiologist online for further help --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

What are the chances of bleeding from a sudden blow if I am on blood thinners?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on warfarin for life. Yesterday, while I was working in my house, I knocked the upper back part of my head on the marble roof of the window pane. It was neither a hard blow nor a soft one. It was medium. I did not feel any pain. I did not have any blackout but was stunned for two...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for mitral stenosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male and I am 30-years-old male. I have a mitral valve problem, and it is moderate mitral stenosis. What remedy do you advise? If I did the valvoplasty surgery will there be any other problem? If there is a problem, is there a possibility to do the valvoplasty again? I am afraid...  Read Full »