Q. Please clarify my mother's biopsy report.

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 01, 2020

My mother is 68 years old. She is 70 kg weight. A painless liaison has developed on the right lateral part of the tongue. I have consulted with an ENT surgeon and he advised for biopsy. The incision biopsy was done and the report is attached. Please clarify the report. If that is cancer, then what is its stage? What is the treatment? What is the chance of getting cured at this stage? Her tendency of mouth ulcer also increased in the last few years. My mother does not smoke or use tobacco.

#

• I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect identity) and unfortunately I find it to be a cancerous lesion.
  • It is cancer and the stage can be ascertained after clinical examination of the local and surrounding areas and after investigations.
  • After evaluating, if surgically resectable, then it should be operated. All depends on the clinical and investigation work up results.
  • There are other reasons like traumatic ulcers secondary to a tooth causing injury and other reasons for recurrent ulcers. It should have been evaluated seriously.

For further information consult a surgical oncologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/surgical-oncologist

|