Q. After performing receptive fellatio on a guy I have white tongue. What is it?

Answered by
Dr. Atishay Bukharia
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 12, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

I performed receptive fellatio on a guy 55 days back. I took RNA PCR TEST after 11 days and then again at 35 days and both were negative. I also took a fourth generation combo test (antibody and p24) on 38th day and it was negative as well. The problem is, for the last 8-10 days I have had diarrhea. It was not frequent, but the stool is loose and watery. I also have a white tongue. In the last three to four days, I have developed an ulcer inside my mouth, which is slightly painful. For the past 10 days, I have been feeling tired, weak and sometimes getting a temperature of 99 to 99.3 degrees. Since, I have tested negative for all these HIV tests, I cannot understand if I could still have HIV. The net has conflicting information. I also feel I have a slightly sore throat. I also have a pimple break out on my nose and under my eye. I am really scared and terrified. Please help. I am attaching the pictures of my tongue, is it candidiasis? Or is it just a white tongue? Are the tests I have taken conclusive for HIV being negative? Please help.

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • Yes, candidiasis is there. But, it is usually the late manifestation of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
  • Since, all your tests are negative, consider yourself as negative unless proved otherwise. All other things can also happen without HIV.
  • Go for HIV test one more time as according to guidelines two negative tests from different laboratories should be considered negative after possible exposure and at a gap of at least two weeks.
  • Test of choice is human immunodeficiency virus reverse transcriptase and polymerase chain reaction (HIV RT PCR) and HIV-1 and 2 antibody ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay).
  • Please take the following medications with consent of your doctor.
  1. Tablet AF (Apo-Fluconazole) 150, one tablet daily for a week.
  2. Tablet Norflox TZ (combination of Norfloxacin and Tinidazole) one tablet twice daily for five days.
  3. Do gargles with lukewarm water.

Revert back after a week to a HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

HIV test was negative, but I am still worried. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, After 15 months of unprotected sex, I went for HIV test called Comb AIDS test but, the result came back negative for both HIV-1 and 2. Again after three months, I redid the test, but even this time, the result was negative. I was not satisfied, so I went for ELISA tes...  Read Full »

I have colorless and odorless discharge. Is it due to hormonal imbalance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I am suffering from white discharge since the last four months. It is colorless, odorless with no itchiness and the quantity of the discharge is more than normal. Two years back, I had a similar problem for which I was advised to take Fluconazole 150 mg thre...  Read Full »

I am under PEP. How often should I get tested for HIV if the results come negative?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old. I am on PEP that has to be taken for 28 days. I got my first dose around 40 hours of being contracted to HIV. PEP is not 100 % secure. My question is if I am lucky and the result shows HIV negative after the therapy, how often do I need to get antibody tested if luck s...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.