Q. Can pelvic ultrasound detect the endometrial thickening in uterus?

Dr. Manwani Saloni Dilip

I am taking contraceptive pills continuously for the past one and a half year due to my bad periods. I get a brown coloured discharge with solid clots and have severe stomach pain in the night and becomes mild in the day time with vomiting, constipation, and diarrhea. I ate tablet Paracetamol or tablet Ibuprofen. I have attached the images.

#

Oral contaceptives should be continuously taken only for four months maximum and then allow for withdrawal bleeding. From the images attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), you experience symptoms due to the thickening of uterine lining. Take a pelvic ultrasound. Consult a doctor for internal examination.

Thank you doctor for the reply,

I have an unbearable pain. What is the reason? Should I stop taking the pill?

#

The blood clots and vomiting is due to endometrial thickening but constipation and diarrhea is not related it. I suggest ultrasound for diagnosis.

|