Q. Penis touched my vulva during a hot shower. Should I take Plan-B?

What is the chance of pregnancy when a penis with some precum came in contact with the vulva region during a hot water shower? Should I take the Plan B pill?

Can I still get pregnant after taking the I-pill?

Kindly help.

#

Thanks for the query.

In your case, there was a penile contacting the vulva during a warm water shower, and there was no penetration or ejaculation involved, so anyhow, chances of pregnancy are minimized. Presuming that penis was with pre-cum, but sperms tend to die in contact with any fomites like water. Also, the use of soap can easily break their cell wall.

As you took an emergency contraceptive after the episode, which would work as double protection. Once your withdrawal bleeding starts in the next three to four days, it confirms that you are not pregnant.

Thanks for the reply.

I read that the I-pill works by preventing the release of the egg. Can it still work even after the eggs are released? What effect does the pill have on my menstrual cycle? Will it delay my next period?

Thanks.

#

The mechanism of action of an I-pill is to initiate an early progesterone withdrawal. It does not prevent or have any role in preventing ovulation. It is a high-dose progesterone pill that causes a sudden rise in the progesterone levels in the body, and then in the next two to three days, it leads to withdrawal bleeding.

Once the endometrium is shed following the withdrawal bleed, there is no chance for the fertilized embryo to implant and hence no pregnancy.

I hope I have answered your query in detail.

I wish you good health.

|