Q. Can I get HIV from oral sex with multiple partners?

Dr. Sushma Shah
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 15, 2021 and last reviewed on: Mar 10, 2021

Before a month, I had oral sex with a woman. The woman told me that she does not have any STIs. After a week, I got tested for HIV and it was negative. After that, I started to have ear pain and throat pain. I had a positive result for COVID-19. But now, I have bad pain in my jaw and throat. I went to emergency and they told me that I am negative for streptococcus. But I have a bacterial infection in the throat. What are the chances for me to have it? Is it caused due to COVID-19? I have done oral sex with three partners in the past two years. Can I have a chance to get HIV from oral sex? I have done vaginal sex with a person who is HIV negative.

#

It is not good to have multiple partners. There is a reduced chance for you to have HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) through oral sex. You have not mentioned whether you have done protected sex or unprotected sex. You can have a seasonal sore throat. You have a least chance to have HIV and COVID-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2) through oral sex. You can take Signoflam (Aceclofenac, Paracetamol, and Serratiopeptidase) three times a day after food for three to five days. You can also take Taxim O 200 (Cefixime) two times a day after food for five days. You can take Montek LC (Montelukast with Levocetirizine) one tablet at night for five days. You can consult an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) specialist if there is no relief.

|