Q. I feel my teeth are asymmetrical after orthodontic extraction. Kindly help me.

Dr. Ummah Mohammad
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I have got braces, and one tooth was extracted. Now, I feel my teeth are very asymmetric. I had crowded teeth before treatment. I am attching the pictures. Kindly give your opinion.

#

Welcome to iclniq.com.

I understand your concern and shall surely try to help you.

First of all, I would like to know since when have you been under treatment? That is a real factor in seeing before and after pictures. I saw the attached pictures (attachments are removed to protect the patient's identity) and do not find much asymmetry, but if you are pointing the issue, you must be in the problem that I understand.

The extraction of one or two teeth for orthodontic treatment is very normal because many jaws do not have enough space to fit in all teeth. That is why asymmetry occurs, so extraction is a must for better treatment. I would like to see your before and after pictures and OPG (orthopantomogram) or X-ray if you have one. The comparison will surely make things clearer.

If your treatment has just begun, be patient, and trust your dentist, orthodontic treatment takes time, but results will surely be good. And always keep comparative pictures that will make things clearer to you as well.

If it has already been a long since the treatment started and things are not getting better, then I would suggest you visit another orthodontist soon.

I hope this was helpful. Please get back if you have further doubts.

|