Osa Symptoms

How is obstructive sleep apnea treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter had a sleep study and she was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea and some other apnea also. She is not taking medications. I believe that she called it as central. I ordered an oxygen monitor as she was unable to breathe properly. I do not know what to do. In the last h...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your daughter is having apneic spells, it is better to consult a doctor soon to get treatment. The different causes for obstructive sleep apnea are enlarged adenoid, enlarged tonsil, enlarged turbinates, deviated nasal septum, or a large tongue. As you believe it...  Read Full »

What is the reason for chest pain after using CPAP?

Query: Hi doctor, I have obstructive sleep apnea and using CPAP for a year. I feel chest pain in the mornings. The same kind of pain is felt whenever I sleep without the mask. My BP, sugar and ECGs were tested before six months back and they were normal. What is the cause and remedy?  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. OSA that is obstructive sleep apnea happens when something partly or completely blocks your upper airway during sleep. The common symptoms of the disease are snoring and intermittent pauses in your breathing during sleep, daytime sleepiness, difficulty in conc...  Read Full »