Otitis Media With Effusion

I suffer ear infection with fluid accumulation resulting in hearing problem. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I had an ear infection about two weeks ago and just finished the antibiotic. In the past two weeks, I have had a fluid stuck in my middle ear with no relief. There is a lot of uncomfortable pressure in my ear and my hearing is completely blocked on that side. I believe my eustachian ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photos. (attachment removed to protect the patient identity). It appears that after the ear infection there is some fluid accumulation inside the middle ear. We call it otitis media with effusion. This is quite common after an ear infection and usua...  Read Full »

How to get rid of autophony?

Query: Hello Doctor, For the last 3-4 years I have been getting occasional autophony. This usually occurs during physical exercises like running etc., or when in college or when I am with my friends. It is very irritating to listen to my own voice echoing in the ear and also I do hear my own heart beat a...  Read Full »

Dr. Prasun Mishra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your entire history and understood your problem. Autophony is the unusual hearing of one's own voice and even breathing sounds. You have two issues:- Patulous Eustachian Tube and, OME (Otitis Media with Effusion) which is on and off fluid collection in th...  Read Full »

What could be causing resonance of ear and nose?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having resonance in the ear and nose since three months now. It all started with a bad sinus attack. I got my IgE test done and the result shows level 1000. Also, I had an MRI. It showed some polyps in the maxillary sinus. I had also got an NCV test, which showed slight palsy...  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Due to prolong and severe sinusitis, your eustachian tube got edematous. This in turn had developed negative pressure in the middle ear. This stage is named as eustachian catarrh. In your case, this had progressed to secretary otitis media and ...  Read Full »