Q. Some tissue was removed from my mother's womb along with ovary. Will it be cancer?

Dr. Eriol Braholli
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 03, 2021

My mom had her surgery before two weeks. A 14 cm tissue was removed from her womb as well as her ovary. We are waiting for the results of her biopsy at the moment. Will it be cancer? If so, then what kind of cancer? Is it curable?

#

• As you are saying, the results of biopsy must be taken to determine if it is cancer or not.
  • An idea may be given by the operating surgeon, who has seen the formation of tissue, but without biopsy there is no 100% accuracy.
  • If the mass was found only in the womb, then it may be a benign origin and prognosis is good.
  • If the mass was spread on both, ovary and womb, then the chances are that it is an ovarian cancer. In early stages, it may be treated successfully. In late stages, if other organs are involved, the life expectancy is shorter.
  • Anyway, in both cases, chemotherapy must be started. We have to wait for the results.

For further information consult a general surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

|