Q. Can abnormal vaginal bleeding with abdominal pain and bloating be signs of ovarian cancer?

Dr. Ismail Kabakus

I have a hormonal IUD, and I am experiencing abnormal bleeding, abdominal pain, and bloating. I had an abdominal and transvaginal ultrasound today and attached my reports.

Kindly help.

#

Uploaded files contain images from your abdomen and pelvic ultrasound (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). There is a small, simple ovarian cyst of size 2.5 cm, which is normal up to 5 cm. There is also a small amount of free pelvic fluid, which can be seen at menstrual age.

These images do not show any other abnormality. I will enable a free follow-up so that you can provide me a detailed clinical history. If you can find a way to upload the whole scan, I would be happy to review the entire scan with your clear history.

Thanks for the reply.

I have all symptoms of an ovarian cancer. I am particularly concerned about the mass next to my ovary and about the white tissue under my kidney.

#

The first image shows an ovarian cyst (black area) and adjacent bowel segments with surrounding fat. The second image shows a white area adjacent to the liver and kidney. If you are concerned about ovarian cancer, I suggest you do a pelvic MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) with contrast.

I hope this answers your questions and concerns.

Take care.

|