Q. Why am I denied for surgery inspite of my severe ovary cyst pain?

I have a large mass measuring 80 X 64 X 80 mm in the left adnexa with two components cystic and mixed echogenicity. Tumour markers have ruled out malignancy and as a result, despite the pain I am in, I have been refused emergency surgery. As I have also no sign of ovarian torsion, and the doctor said he will operate on an elective basis which could take a year or more. I am in so much pain. My question is do you think the doctor has made the right choice not to operate?

I am currently on Codeine Phosphate 30 mg oral four times daily (4 day supply) and Paracetamol.

Hematology Pathology
#

Sorry to hear about your ovarian cyst. Following is my honest opinion for you. You are having an ovarian cyst with a size of nearby 8 cm. Any ovarian benign tumor or cyst more than 5 cm in size usually need to be removed if it is symptomatic or looks cancerous. In your attached report cyst is benign (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

But as you are symptomatic with much pain, it is better to get your cyst removed by preferably laparoscopy operation. So your cyst or mass should be removed because you are in pain. You can visit other hospital nearby to get operated for cyst removal as one year seems to be much longer waiting time as per my opinion.

|