Q. Do I need to worry about my neutrophil and lymphocyte count?

Dr. Uphar Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 19, 2020

I had an annual checkup. Please have a look at the reports and advise if everything seems fine and healthy.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Uphar Gupta

#

• All your reports are within the normal limits.
  • But, Your weight is a bit more. Your BMI is 29 (body mass index), which is overweight, but not obese. Just that and rest all is fine.

For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

| 

I appreciate the answer. Are there anything to analyze about the low count of neutrophils and high count of lymphocytes?

Dr. Uphar Gupta

#

• Though the values are a little out of range, we do not need to worry, especially when the TLC - total leukocyte count is below 11000.

| 

Why results in high neutrophils during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is in her 31st week of pregnancy with neutrophils at 77.3% and lymphocytes at 11.6% which is low. Again RBC, PCV and platelet count is also low. I am really worried what can be the reason.  Read Full »

Is there any rule that fruits cannot be eaten on an empty stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to improve my eating habit. Please suggest based on the following information. We follow staple food in the family. Rice for lunch and dinner and roti, oats, etc., for breakfast. Predominant side dish for lunch or dinner is fish, vegetables and dal. Occasionally, chicken, mutton ...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now