Q. How to reduce weight through yoga?

Dr. Omnath Alvoor
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I am a 23 year old obese boy. My weight is 110 kg and I feel myself unfit. I want to start practicing yoga for weight loss. But, I do not know anything about yoga. I want to know, how to meditate and relax our body and mind?

#

• As per the data your weight is too high for an individual. You need to rebuild your lifestyle by giving time to exercise and yogic techniques.
  • Especially fast rounds of suryanamaskara will help you with your problems. Start slowly and day by day increase the speed of practice.
  • Also, you can practice some dynamic yogic techniques along with it for faster effects.
  • Along with yogic asanas, dieting also helps you to get rid of your problems. Cut down the carbohydrates like rice and use finger millet and include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
  • Try to consume lemon, honey and water daily morning in an empty stomach. Please do not consume any fast food or junk food to lose weight.
  • The main thing is that you need to be active in your day-to-day life. Give enough time to workout and running 
  • Meditation is nothing but controlling your mind, which ultimately relaxes your mind and body. A relaxed mind will always have a healthy body.
  • You can try practicing nadi shuddhi pranayama for nine rounds as a basic step. Later on will proceed further.
  • While practicing pranayama you have to completely concentrate on your breathing pattern and the changes that happening in the body.

Lifestyle changes.

BMI (body mass index).

Suryanamskara, diet plan - lemon and honey juice, consume more fruits and vegetable instead of rice and fast food, meditation and pranayama.

Yogasanas, workout, running, exercises and diet.

For further doubts consult a yoga specialist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/yoga-specialist

|