Q. How accurate are ovulation kits?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I want to enquire about the ovulation period. I plan to have a baby soon, but while using ovulation kits, it keeps showing negative. I started taking Folic acid tablets a few months ago. According to my last three periods, I have a 28-day cycle. I used the test for 12 to 16 days, yet the result showed negative. My period came four days earlier, and I have not been on contraceptives for over a year. Should I be concerned?

#

Let me tell you that ovulation kits are only 20 % accurate. Even if they show a positive result, you might not be ovulating. So kindly do not rely on these kits. The best method is to have intercourse during the fertile period. Now the question is that your period came four days early. You do not have to worry about it, as four days variation is a normal physiological phenomenon. There should be a concern if the amount of bleeding is less or more than normal, or the duration of menses is more than normal. Calculate your fertile period as per your menses duration and cycle days and try getting pregnant. You will surely succeed. I wish you all the best.

Hope this helps.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|