Q. What are the chances of pregnancy and ovulation in a 26-year-old female with a 42-day menstrual cycle?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

I am 26 years old, and I am suffering from PCOD. I started taking the tablet Letrozole on the second day of my period. During the follicle study, three follicles were detected, so the doctor prescribed an injection of Sifasi Aqua 10000 IU. The follicles remained even after taking the injection. My periods are irregular even after taking the medications. I got my period after 42 days. I am taking the tablet Metformin Hydrochloride and Myo-inositol. Can I have ovulation now? What are the chances of pregnancy?

#

I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

Your symptoms are suggestive of hormonal imbalances caused by the anovulatory cycle. Generally, ovulation occurs on the 14th day of 28 days cycle. As your cycle is of 42 days, it may occur around the 18th day, but it looks like an anovulatory cycle, so there are no chances of ovulation in this cycle.

Thank you doctor for the reply,

Are there any chances of ovulation on the 18th day of the menstrual cycle?

#

There are no chances of ovulation in this cycle.

|