Q. As I am getting pain in vagina, we are not able to have sex. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 01, 2020

I am a 24 year old woman. I got married a year ago. But, we could not have sex successfully. Whenever we try, I am getting severe pain in my vagina. What shall we do?

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• Failure to penetrate the vagina by erect penis along with severe pain is indicative of two things. One is vaginismus, if he is not able to penetrate from day one and the other could be any other pathology resulting to dyspareunia (painful sex).
  • Please visit your doctor either a psychiatrist or a gynecologist for further assessment.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

I know the problem is not with him. I am the one who is getting more pain.

#

• I do not mean there is a problem on any side. It is a treatable condition and after consulting your doctor there is a good hope for your sexual functioning.

|