Q. I am on contraceptive implant. Could it be reason for pain during sex?

Answered by
Dr. Ridhi Narang
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 01, 2020

Hello doctor,

I am 23 years old. I lost my virginity at 19, and I have had multiple partners since. Everytime I have sex, it is very painful, and it is like I am losing my virginity again. No matter how much prep I put in.

I occasionally have a horrible smell from my vagina. It is like something fishy. I have had one outbreak of oral herpes (it manifested in the genital region). And I have been treated for Chlamydia. I have been noticing a mixture of blood in my vaginal discharge when I cum. I also want to point out that I am on my second consecutive contraceptive implant. I have been on this for four years now. I want to go to a private gynecologist but I cannot afford and my public doctor is not taking this seriously.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern and will try to help you out. Let us go by your complains. So until now, you are having pain during sex. I would advise you to use lubricant jellies. You can use K-Y jelly or any other jelly.

You need to get one blood test that is CA-125 (cancer antigen) this is to rule out endometriosis. You might have endometriosis which is a cause of your pain everytime during sex.

For the horrible smell, I would want a local examination but as it is not possible, so tell me in detail. Do you have discharge too? What kind of discharge? Any color of discharge? Can you send a photo or explain? It may be the outburst of your previous infection. You need to tell me what all medications you have taken before.

For now, I would advise to take the following tablets.

Tablet Doxycycline 100 mg two times a day for 14 days, tablet Metrogyl 400 mg three times a day for five days, tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once weekly (only one tablet) for six weeks, tablet Candistat 100 mg two times a day for three days, for both the partners, Imidil-C vaginal pessary to keep vaginally for six days, and Saugella dermoliquido to use as soap for cleaning. Try to use condoms until you get free of the infection. Implants are good, but they cannot prevent you from infections.

I hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I have endometriosis and cysts in both my ovaries. Should I try IVF?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and I am suffering from severe pain and heavy bleeding every month, during my periods. I need to take painkillers to feel fine, and sometimes, it does not work. My recent medical report shows that I have endometriosis and cysts on both of my ovaries. But, I am s...  Read Full »

How does severe endometriosis affect pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife has severe endometriosis as well as several other pre-existing conditions. She was recently approved for Zoladex to treat the endometriosis. She is supposed to have her first injection in the next few days. Today we were in the emergency room. She was slightly tachycardic as wel...  Read Full »

I have pain during sex at a particular spot inside vagina.Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Whenever my fiance has been having sex recently (the past few days) it has been painful. I can feel a certain spot on the right inside of my vagina that when he hits it while going in feels like a knife stabbing me in that spot. After he is fully in and going, it does not hurt. It is ...  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines
A COVID-19 vaccine provides acquired immunity against the new Coronavirus. Read the article to know everything about the...  Read more»
Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.