Q. Please suggest some cream to prevent pain during sex for the first time.

Dr. C Sharath Kumar

My query is related to my first-time sex. I got married for four months, and since that time, we are trying to have sex. But it is painful for me, so I do not allow my husband to enter fully. Please suggest some medication or some oil/gel for use. I am not seeking permanent medicines. I just need it for the first time alone.

#

You have a tight vagina or dyspareunia. A tight or narrow vagina causes pain or discomfort during sex, especially in virgins. If there is pain or difficulty with penetration, it may be due to inadequate stimulation and arousal. Additionally, pain during penetration may signify a condition such as tight hymen, infection, injury, or congenital abnormality.

Treatment:

Application of Lignocaine gel over the vagina 15 minutes before the intercourse will alienate the pain. Topical estrogen help women who have vaginal dryness.

Long term treatment: Learning some techniques can help relax the vaginal muscles and decrease pain levels.

Some lifestyle changes can address painful intercourse.

Water-based personal lubricants can also be used.

Longer foreplay helps a lot.

Better communication with the partner may also help.

Use comfortable sexual positions.

Kegel exercises are useful to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. They relieve vaginismus.

Squeeze and hold these muscles for 10 seconds, then relax them for 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times, three times each day. It can be helpful to practice deep breathing techniques while performing Kegels.

Diet and yoga are also useful.

|