Q. What is the treatment for a small fissure on the penis that causes painful sex?

Answered by Dr. Shahil Khant and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Pain During Sex or Sexual Health? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Under the left side tip of the penis, where the head curves to the shaft, I have a small fissure that opens up when I have intercourse. This recurring cut heals completely but, recurs every month for the past year. I am uncircumcised and have no STD, infection or inflammation, just this recurring fissure that happens during intercourse. How to ensure this is permanently healed so that intercourse is not painful?